Blank admin: "Invisible home" body class

Hi!

I can’t solve this. All I got when I log in is a blank page. The code produces some HTML, though, but it’s not visible, because of (I guess) this “invisible home” class applied to the body tag. I don’t know why this is happening. I updated to the last version (3.4.1) and still no luck.

What should I do? Thanks!!

1 Like

I do a dump of database and put in another phplist installation (local), The problem was solved, then I put the dump to a new database in phplsit production.

I don’t know why, but I think the problem can back any moment.

This is most likely related to recent jQuery upgrades. The invisible body class should be removed by jQuery when it loads. You can use browser debugging tools to see if jQuery scripts are failing to load with 404.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll tinker with that, see what happens. I wonder, why there’s no non-javascript fallback? I think it would be reasonable to avoid things like this…

1 Like

Hmmm, this is as far as I can go. I deleted both the “invisible body” and “hidden” classes from the body and the div (below the “page title” h4) tags respectively. This should be the campaigns page, but still it’s not loading useful content. I think the problem lays underneath… Any hints?

Hi,

I am also facing same issue. After installation it worked for 5 days & today suddenly Admin page is blank.

If i go to view source, the last line is as below. I think the page is not loading fully.

title=“Close this box”>Hide</a><p>phpList will work without Javascript, but it will be easier to use if you switch it on.</p></div></noscript>

1 Like

Hi, can you please enable php error reporting on your server an check any errors on the logs? You can check how to do that here.

Same here. Just after upgrading from 3.3.4 to 3.4.1, I can see the login page, then once logging in it gives the blank tag. No errors in the apache error log but access log shows 500 response code. But I do see the same stuff with view source.

and the page doesn’t fully load. via browser or phplist command line, it ends here:

<!-- content starts here -->
<h4 class=“pagetitle”>Dashboard</h4><div class=“hidden”><a href="./?page=home&amp;tk=56ecbc861a5434117444f1e4de848504" title=“Go to the dashboard page”>Dashboard</a></div><noscript><div class=“note d533fc9acf638d1”><a href="./?page=home&amp;action=hidenote&amp;note=d533fc9acf638d1" class=“hide ajaxable” title=“Close this box”>Hide</a><p>phpList will work without Javascript, but it will be easier to use if you switch it on.</p></div></noscript>

and then that’s it. Doesn’t ever finish the html

version 3.3.9 works fine. Maybe it’s a php issue and have to upgrade php to v7 before using 3.4??

I’m on php 7.2, just updated the server. Still blank. :man_shrugging:

@allvoxman Do you also see a 500 error in the access logs?

Perhaps this is related to the update check, and / or a strict Apache security policy or PHP extension.

I am having the same issue of an invisible admin / dashboard.

This was a manual upgrade from 3.3.9 to 3.4.9.

I am seeing no errors in the logs. I am seeing no errors on the console of Chrome developer tools.

When you view the source of the page, is there anything?
What version of php is on your server…?

When I view the source code I can see that there is mark up. For example:

The body element has class=“invisible home” and a closely following div element has id=“hiddendiv”.

The version of PHP that I am using is 7.4. I have tried using 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3, so unless it is an extension, I don’t think it is PHP. I run phpList next to a WordPress site, so PHP creeps up along with WordPress requirements.

Here are the php modules I have installed… (centos7)… they might not all be required, but it’s what’s installed on my system:

# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bz2
calendar
Core
ctype
curl
date
dom
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
gmp
hash
iconv
imap
json
libxml
mbstring
mysqli
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
pdo_sqlite
Phar
readline
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
sockets
SPL
sqlite3
standard
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
xsl
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]

I’d say that your first step is to make sure you have all of this installed (and restart apache if you need to install any modules…)

These are the extensions that are active:
bcmath
dba
dom
enchant
fileinfo
gd
imagick
imap
intl
json
ldap
mbstring
mysqli
mysqlnd
odbc
pdo
pdo_mysql
pdo_odbc
pdo_pgsql
pdo_sqlite
pgsql
phar
posix
pspell
snmp
soap
sockets
sqlite3
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
timezonedb
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
xsl
yaml
zip

I’d probably start by installing the ones that I have installed, that are not installed on your system. If that fixes it, you’re done.

I have a different server and therefore different PHP extensions. Some of the ones you list are not available as options.

Looking on this page: https://resources.phplist.com/system/start

It says that the minimum php required extensions: (note that you’ll need at least php 5.6, NOT 5.3.3. I personally recommend that you use php 7.x…

phpList system requirements

MySQL or MariaDB
Apache Note: phpList optionally uses Apache environment variables
PHP 5.3.3 or later with the following PHP extensions:
    pcre
    imap
    Core
    date
    hash
    SPL
    filter
    openssl
    mbstring
    session
    curl
    xml
    iconv
    json
    gettext
    SimpleXML
    mysqli
    mysql
    GD (required by CKEditor Plugin only)

Note:
phpList 3.4.0 and latter feature the new REST API. PHP 7 is required to use the API. The phpList3 module requirements are the same on those versions too.

Some module dependencies are not obligatory. Some of phpList’s functionality will be hidden if certain functions are not available on your system. For full phpList functionality all the above modules are required.