Your session was invalidated by a new session in a different browser

Hi all,

I’ve upgrade an installation to the latest one and since then I keep getting logged out whenever I click on any link and getting each time the following error:

“Your session was invalidated by a new session in a different browser”

I’m not logged in anywhere else. Cleaned cache, cookies etc same problem.
I’ve also tried to use phpsession table without any luck. It keeps taken me out and have to login each time I click anything.

On top of the main page I also see a text “Database error 1406 while doing query Data too long for column ‘remote_ip4’ at row 1”

Any help is very much appreciated.

@mrdebian This looks to be the same problem as reported here phplist logs me off instantly · Issue #1038 · phpList/phplist3 · GitHub

It is indeed. Removing the table admin_login as suggested it worked.
I guess I have to wait to the next update to be fixed?

I recently had this error, and was able to fix it by going into the database to the phplist_admin_login table and increasing the size of the IP4 field to 50. For those who have deleted the table, here is the SQL to get it set back up, in a way that should work. I had this happen on two installations of phpList at a particular host, so I guess it has something to do with the PHP setup, and what kind of remote address is being detected. In any case, the SQL below will re-create the table. Make sure to run “Verify the DB structure” under the System menu, too. Hope this helps!

CREATE TABLE phplist_admin_login (
id int(11) NOT NULL,
moment bigint(20) NOT NULL,
adminid int(11) NOT NULL,
remote_ip4 varchar(50) NOT NULL,
remote_ip6 varchar(50) NOT NULL,
sessionid varchar(50) NOT NULL,
active tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘0’
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

1 Like