A Release Candidate for the upcoming phpList 3.5.8 is now available for testing. This release introduces security enforcements on the authentication process.
Changes to look for
- AJAX based subscription forms are now able to function across multiple websites. Thanks to Nepomuk Leutschacher for the implementation. Have a look at the Pull Request.
- Allow AJAX request to include the list ID. Thanks to @duncanc for the implementation. Have a look at the Pull Request.
- Export on commandline. See Pull Request.
- Make PHPMailer 6 the default instead of PHPMailer 5. For security reasons you are encouraged to switch to PHPMailer 6. Have a look at the Pull Request submitted by @duncanc.
[Please note that if you are using a custom or old version of PHPMailer 5 by specifying a value for PHPMAILER_PATH, you might encounter a problem. To avoid this problem: continue using PHPMailer 5 by adding this to config.php
define('USE_PHPMAILER6', false);or remove the define of PHPMAILER_PATH to now use PHPMailer 6.]
- PHPMailer is updated to Version 6.1.8 which was launched in October 2020. Have a look at the PHPMailer 6.1.8 changelog and the Pull Request. Thanks to @duncanc for the PR.
Use the Automatic Updater if you are running phpList 3.3.7 or later.
Use your phpList as normal, and report any new problems that you find.
Activating the REST API
If you haven’t checked the REST API yet, you can see the dedicated chapter in the manual to help you get started with it: API and Integrations .
Report any issues you find with phpList3 to the phpList Bugtracker, selecting “3.5.8-RC1” as the Product Version.
Use the usual bug fixing process if you know how to fix it.
Please read the contribution guide on how to contribute and how to run the unit tests and style checks locally.