V3.6.12 Release Candidate is avalable for testing

Release Candidate for the 3.6.12 version is available for testing.

You may notice that there was no final version of 3.6.11 announced and that is because mistakenly, instead of the release candidate the final version was launched directly. In order to avoid any further confusion with version numbers, today RC 3.6.12 is released.

You can get a copy of the RC version from GitHub or SourceForge .

Changes included in the 3.6.12 release candidate:

  1. New translations in Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese Chinese, french and dutch. You can contribute to translating phpList at https://translate.phplist.org
  2. Updated Composer dependencies. See Pull Request.

Changes included from the 3.6.11 release:

  1. Avoid PHP warnings when open_basedir is enabled. See Pull Request #905.
  2. Load the subscribers’ list numbers asynchronously to avoid delay in page loading for accounts with large amounts of subscribers. See Pull Request #909.
  3. Avoid division by zero everywhere. See Pull Request #913.
  4. Load powered image on SSL across all browsers. See Pull Request #917.
  5. Set Docker to use the powered images on SSL. See Pull Request #918.
  6. Avoid PHP 8.2 warning about dynamic properties. See Pull Request #920.
  7. Update PEAR HTTP_Request2 package to version 2.5.1. See Pull Request #921.
  8. Disable Automatic Updater to avoid errors when upgrading to the latest version. A fix for the Updater is expected soon. See Pull Request #913.

Activating the REST API

If you haven’t checked the REST API yet, you can see the dedicated chapter in the manual to help you get started with it: API and Integrations 4.

Reporting issues

Report any issues you find with phpList3 RC to the phpList3 GitHub repository, selecting “release candidate” in the Labels’ dropdown menu.

Use the usual bug fixing process if you know how to fix it.

Report any issues you find with phpList 4 core or REST API to the corresponding repo on GitHub.

Please read the contribution guide on how to contribute and how to run the unit tests and style checks locally.

Happy testing!

1 Like


I installed and began using 3.6.12 a couple of weeks ago. I am extremely happy with it, but wanted to detail a couple of things. I am guessing that you are an actual leader of the open source dev community based on your post, and I am new here. So, if I am in the wrong place, please feel free to let me know.

The install went very smooth, and all of the core functionality was pretty easy to get working. A couple of places I had to tweak some htaccess files, but that’s always an expectation.

I am a huge fan of automation, so very quickly I was poking around the API - which I had inadvertently broken by being on the current version of PHP. I'm not a huge fan of sticking to a PHP release, I have memories of bad issues around version 3 and version 5 that cause me to try to avoid that. As such, I looked for what was causing the issues.

I am going to document both of those issues and I hope that my tone does not come off badly, I assume many people of different backgrounds will read this, so I will try to make it useful for anyone who may need the information. That often reads like “talking down” and it is not meant to at all. I have great respect and appreciation for phplist and have used it for years.

There were a lot of good notes, here and on github so I quickly learned that the incompatibility stemmed from the JMS SerializerBundle and the solution ended up being to create a new composer file in the root of the serializer directory - which I did. Then there were actually only two instances of ReadOnly in one of the driver files which I changed to ReadOnlyProperty in line with the new upgrade. For thoroughness - ReadOnly as an attribute became a reserved keyword as of PHP 8.1.

Here is a link to the JMS site which was very helpful in upgrading the API:

The second problem as a fan of automation is that the API allows us to add subscribers, but not attach them to a list. I have installed a fix which has apparently been reviewed on github, but as I am currently writing a Wordpress plugin to use this, I have not yet tested it. That code was found on Github issue number 129. I hope to update this within the week with information about how that API feature worked.

This was a longish post about two issues - the fact is, I could write a lot longer about what went surprisingly well in the install and configuration. Kudos to you and your team.

Thank you,