Upgrade from 3.5.9 to 3.6.x database error

Im migrating from a Centos 7 host to a rocky 9 host.
On the centos 7 machine ive been running 3.3.x versions and am now trying to get current up to 3.6.15 on the new rocky 9 machine.

I have successfully done all upgrades up to 3.5.9 on the old centos 7 host. (Hosting anything newer than 3.5.9 results in http 500 errors without any specific errors in logs) I Exported the database and imported it in the new mysql database on rocky 9.
The database version correctly shows version 3.5.9 in the config table.

I when attempting an upgrade to 3.6.1 or newer, i get the error stating that i dont have a new enough version and to upgrade the 3.2.0. Which is clearly wrong,

I get this same error regardless of which 3.6.x version i attempt.

Please advise on how i should be upgrading across the gap between 3.5.9 and 3.6.1

I have googled for answers and have come up short.
Thank you.

@SteeeevO85 The Upgrade page should show what it thinks is the current database version. Is that showing what you expect?

Also, which version of php is being used?

On the cento 7 host, the upgrade page correctly reports 3.5.9.

A copy of that same database on the new rocky 9 host is reporting Older Than 1.4.1 while trying to run the upgrade to 3.6.1.

Php version on the new rocky 9 host is 8.0.30

That appears to mean that phplist doesn’t find a version field in the database config table.

Try closing your browser entirely so that the php session is destroyed, and check that the database access details are correct.

It turned out to be a mysql permissions issue.

Its all good now.

Tha k you for the prompt responses.