Unable to delete log

My installation is working - except for the logs section. Clicking Delete does nothing.

Please, help us to help you, cheers.

[quote]The information below will be super useful to those trying to help you:

The version of phpList you are using.
Your server version of PHP
The url to your installation where possible. (eg: domain.com/lists/admin)
Which browser (and version) you are using to view your site.
Is your installation self-hosted or on phplist.com (In which case, your best option is to submit a support ticket).
What exactly is the issue (screen snapshot can be helpful).
What you have done to try to fix the issue so far, including links to any documentation you have followed.

Be secure: please do not give passwords, ftp access details or email addresses out in the forums.[/quote]

I am using the latest version of phpList, with PHP v5.4.45

URL: www.sitaradance.co.uk/lists/

Tried different browsers - all latest

Self hosted

Two issues

1. Clicking Delete in the logs section does nothing.

2. After installing the Campaigns Plugin and Common Plugin, clicking the Manage plugins link from the navigation bar produces only the following:

date(): It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone ‘UTC’ for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.

#0 [internal function]: CommonPlugin_Exception::errorHandler(2, ‘date(): It is n…’, ‘/vhost/vhost18/…’, 133, Array)
#1 /vhost/vhost18/s/i/t/sitaradance.co.uk/www/lists/admin/lib.php(133): date(‘Y’)
#2 /vhost/vhost18/s/i/t/sitaradance.co.uk/www/lists/admin/plugins/CampaignsPlugin/CampaignsPopulator.php(106): loadMessageData(‘2’)
#3 /vhost/vhost18/s/i/t/sitaradance.co.uk/www/lists/admin/plugins/CommonPlugin/Listing.php(49): CampaignsPlugin_CampaignsPopulator->populate(Object(CommonPlugin_WebblerListing), 0, 5)
#4 /vhost/vhost18/s/i/t/sitaradance.co.uk/www/lists/admin/plugins/CampaignsPlugin/Controller/Campaigns.php(133): CommonPlugin_Listing->display()
#5 /vhost/vhost18/s/i/t/sitaradance.co.uk/www/lists/admin/plugins/CommonPlugin/Controller.php(88): CampaignsPlugin_Controller_Campaigns->actionDefault()
#6 /vhost/vhost18/s/i/t/sitaradance.co.uk/www/lists/admin/plugins/CommonPlugin/Main.php(41): CommonPlugin_Controller->run(NULL)
#7 /vhost/vhost18/s/i/t/sitaradance.co.uk/www/lists/admin/plugins/CampaignsPlugin/campaigns.php(33): CommonPlugin_Main::run(Object(CampaignsPlugin_ControllerFactory))
#8 /vhost/vhost18/s/i/t/sitaradance.co.uk/www/lists/admin/index.php(655): include(’/vhost/vhost18/…’)
#9 {main}

@newsmedia Regarding 2) you should either add this to your config.php file

date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London');

see http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php for the supported timezones
or install the Timezone plugin https://resources.phplist.com/plugins/start but you may well have to install that manually if the Manage Plugins page is failing.

Regarding 1) do you mean the Event Log page? The Delete button is actually a drop-down list with two choices.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. The first option worked like a charm - the Manage Campaign works correctly.

The Delete log button does not have a drop down - though it works fine in other installations I have setup.

@newsmedia In your screenshot the page doesn’t seem to have been rendered correctly, e.g. the missing image, the Delete button is not coloured, the menu background is shortened.
If you view the page source, or use the web developer web console, then you might be able to see what is wrong.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for your help with this.

The issue with missing images, Delete button malfunction and other oddities was:
I was using Dreamweaver to upload the full package of files. The default settings for new websites in Dreamweaver sets the system to ‘cloak’ .png and .js files.

When uploading or synchronizing sites through Dreamweaver .png and .js files are ignored.

I had never needed to change the default settings of Dreamweaver on this particular site - so several hundred files were not uploaded.

I am surprised the phpList even functioned at all!

All is now 100% - you may like to pass this to your program developers - its worthy of a note in the how to install instructions perhaps.

Kind regards
Keith Harris

PS - I replied to this also via email, which didn’t seem to appear so if this reply shows twice, kindly delete one!