Trouble with PHPList not connecting with PowerMTA

Hello,
I am having trouble connecting phplist to the PMTA. I have put the hostname, UID and password and Port number in the configuration file.
We are able to directly send emails throught PMTA but not from PHPlist
then I moved the files to another host (really same host but different server with different IP)
We sent again on the new server a test email to gmail, yahoo, and hotmail. It was only received.
note that the PMTA is on a dedicated server and the PHPlist on a shared environment.
Thanks guys!

Showing what your configuration (without password) would help.
Check the phplist event log for any errors being reported.
Also see this post phpList Discuss in the old forums for how to enable smtp debug, which might show what is happening.

Hi duncanc,
Thanks for the reply…
Here is the code:
here is the configuration that I made in phplist for PMTA Server.

define("MULTI_SMTP_SERVERS",'2');
$phpmailer_smtphost_1 = '[SERVER IP]';
$phpmailer_smtpuser_1 = '[SMTP USER-1]';
$phpmailer_smtppassword_1 = 'xxxx';
$phpmailer_smtppassword_1 = '2525';
#
$phpmailer_smtphost_2 = '[SERVER IP]';
$phpmailer_smtpuser_2 = '[SMTP USER-2]';
$phpmailer_smtppassword_2 = 'xxx';
$phpmailer_smtppassword_2 = '2525';

Let me know what you think. Thanks a lot

Sorry but that doesn’t make any sense to me. Why do you think that those are valid lines in the config file?

Hi Again Duncanc,
Hummmm well we simply took the configuration file as it was and entered the credentials… can you point us towards a sample config file??
Thanks,
R.

@Masterseo

$phpmailer_smtphost_1

The config file does not have entries like this. Please explain where you got these variable names. Are you sure that you are looking at phplist, and not some other package?

1 Like

You appear to be using a very old modification to phplist from the old user forums phpList Discuss

I recommend ditching that and installing the latest release of phplist.
phplist doesn’t support sending concurrently or cycling through multiple smtp servers.