Statistics not working in Amazon EC2

Hi everyone, let me first say that I’ve had issues with PHP List’s functionality, slow response, etc. After migrating everything over to Amazon’s EC2 based system, it is unbelievable just how responsive the application has become. Our old host was the root cause of all the problems from plugins not working, to whatever anomally you can name.

The only last thing I can’t seem to figure out is how to get statistics working. I’m not getting any stats on open, views, links, etc. Is there a directory that needs to be writable, or a file that needs special permissions?

• phplist 3.2.4
  • Amazon EC2 Linux AMI
  • PHP 5.6.4
    -Mail servers are on a separate host/domain from the application
    -database resides in Amazon RDS as MySql, not local to linux installation

The stats that are showing up on the mailer prior, were on the old host and database

Firstly you need to enable user tracking and click tracking, but in phplist 3 those are the defaults.
Both of those work by linking back to phplist so possibly something is blocking that. If you send a test email to yourself you can then copy the URL to phplist and play that in a browser using developer tools to see the network activity. That may give you an idea of what is happening.

Thanks Duncan, are those enabled in the config.php? I am using an older version of the config.php. I checked the settings and the path to the root is still the same, and all click tracking is enabled.

Can you elaborate on how to go about doing the following, how do you copy a URL to PHPlist?:

If you send a test email to yourself you can then copy the URL to phplist and play that in a browser using developer tools to see the network activity.

User tracking was not enabled by default prior to phplist 3 so you probably need to enable that, as well as click tracking, in your config file.

If click tracking is enabled then the links in an email will go to phplist instead of the actual target URL, something like www.yoursite.com/lists/lt.php?id=xxxxx

If you click one of those links what happens?

Duncanc - Thanks for the direction. This has been resolved. I rsync’d my PHPList installation from the old host to the new one. Consequently, everything was a snapshot of the original, including the domain settings in the configurations. I simply pointed the new installation to the updated test domain URL and statistics are now working.