[SOLVED] Problems moving PHPList

Hi,

I’m trying to move phplist from an old website to a new one. I exported the database and system files and imported them onto the new website. I updated the config.php file to reflect the new database info. However, I get the following error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@phplist.happyhealthclinics.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can someone help please?

Thanks

More information:

the url is phplist.happyhealthclinics.co.uk/phplist/admin

Cheers

500 is a generic error, but (as the error message says) “More information about this error may be available in the server error log.” Exporting a database and system files to another server will be contingent on that server having the correct versions of software dependencies. If you started with a clean install of phpList with all its dependencies, and and it broke when you imported the database and php.config file, you may need to check that those have the correct owner and/or permissions.

I spoke with my web hosting company and they said the server meets all the requirements.

I deleted that copy of php list and installed a fresh to the root directory (phplist.happyhealthclinics.co.uk), new copy via softaculous and I’m getting the same error message.

I checked the logs and this is what I found:

[Fri Jan 22 09:23:52 2016] [error] [client 83.244.216.142] File does not exist: /home4/wwwhappy/public_html/phplist/500.shtml, referer: http://31.216.48.30:2082/cpsess7856760341/frontend/paper_lantern/softaculous/index.live.php?act=software&soft=55
[Fri Jan 22 09:06:16 2016] [error] [client 83.244.216.142] File does not exist: /home4/wwwhappy/public_html/phplist/500.shtml, referer: http://31.216.48.30:2082/cpsess7856760341/frontend/paper_lantern/softaculous/index.live.php?act=software&soft=55
[Fri Jan 22 09:06:14 2016] [error] [client 83.244.216.142] File does not exist: /home4/wwwhappy/public_html/phplist/500.shtml, referer: http:// 31.216.48.30:2082/cpsess7856760341/frontend/paper_lantern/softaculous/index.live.php?act=software&soft=55

Any idea?

Thanks!

Hi there,

For Internal Error 500, it is usually an issue of the software not communicating with the database or permission settings.

I saw a wordpress blog at phplist.happyhealthclinics.co.uk instead? Can’t get to your phplist installation path.

Perhaps you can share the non-sensitive info of your config.php - keep the password out.

I’m also relatively new to phplist but have been moving stuff around. Anyway, just trying to help :smile:

I deleted PHPList to install Wordpress to see if the issue was with PHPList or the server. Turned out, it was a server issue despite my web hosting company denying it was. I went back to them with this information, they made a couple of tweeks and boom, 10 minutes later its all working

Thanks for the help anyway!

If anyone else has an issue with this, it turns out the the issue was with CloudLinux - CageFS

Hope it helps :slight_smile: