[SOLVED] phpList Admin evaporated

as total newbis, where to begin?
my first problem occurred when lphpList could not establish POP3 link to localhost:
after thinking about problem, realized changed password on POP3 email account, not realzing it was also coded in config.php.
using Filezilla to connect to localhost:, modified config.php on local site, then uploaded modif. config.php using Filezilla.
then Second problem surfaced when going to phpList Admin Logon page, got message, "Fatal Error: Cannot connect to database, access denied. Please contact the administrator."
now i’ve done it. newbie totally screwed.

1] how do i get back access to phpList?
2] how do i change POP3 email acct pwd to continue using phpList?

Tech Info:

1. Server PHP version: 5.4.24
  2. PHP Installation URL: /home7/gainesv3/php
  3. Browser version used: Google Chrome 47.0.2526.106 m
  4. phpList Version: 2.10.19

OK … update to my situation:
1] used Filezilla to unwind modifications
2] uploaded unwound config.php to public website
3] phpList main Admin page reappeared
whew!

so …
main issue remains: what jprocess do i use to change POP3 email pwd coded in config.php?
Tech Info: see 1st Post

thankyou for your support.

marklewis

Nice and simple Mark, open your config/config.php file in a text editor and set your SMTP mail settings to match your email account.
(POP3 is used to receive mail, phpList does not receive, only send via SMTP).

Get back to us if you are still struggling.

The user manual can be found here.

Dragon Rider, it was that simple and I did set the settings to match the email account. The password has been changed but I didn’t realize the effect it had on phplist. Your directions got us back up and running. Thanks for your support.

marklewis
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 7:44 AM, Dragonridernoreply@discuss.phplist.org wrote:
| | Dragonrider
December 23 |
|
Nice and simple Mark, open your config/config.php file in a text editor and set your SMTP mail settings to match your email account.
(POP3 is used to receive mail, phpList does not receive, only send via SMTP).

Get back to us if you are still struggling.

The user manual can be found here.
|

To respond, reply to this email or visit [SOLVED] phpList Admin evaporated in your browser.