Sending to 1M over the course of 6 hrs

Does anyone have experience sending to a million user email list and having the newsletter delivered to everyone over the course of a single business day? There are a million users in my list. My list starts on Wed. but doesn’t finish until Saturday. I run on Amazon SES. The bottleneck is the sending speed of the MTA not the sending server itself. My apache box sends at 11K/hr which is as fast as it can send. The box is under no load at all.

I run mysql on one box and apache on a diff. box. It seems to me that phpList would handle multiple front ends reading and writing to the same mysql database but I don’t want to take a chance on sending multiple emails to the same people. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Hi,

I am pretty use phpList.com’s VPS service can send 1m in a day, when it gets going.

a
x

I’ve setup my own cloud/cluster of machines to run phpLilst, and have mulitple queue processing machines, but they were running separate jobs.

I don’t know specifically if multiple front ends can process a single campaign… I’d suggest that you assume that it doesn’t work, unless you test it first.

Dan

@danwaterloo yes, i’m assuming it doesn’t work. I am hoping someone has tested something similar. I can always segment the list onto separate machines but I don’t want to do that. I have to believe someone has solved this before me.