Seems cronjob keeps restarting campaign

i’ve been using phplist for years and only recently has this started happening. previously it was on two different servers and now on inmotion, which has been stellar in every way so far, except they can’t seem to solve this. i’ve updated to the latest version of phplist and latest version of phpmailer. the test send is successful. previously i used the cronjob

/opt/php56/bin/php /home/transl40/public_html/lists/admin/index.php -pprocessqueue -c /home/transl40/public_html/lists/config/config.php >~/processqueue.log 2>&1

and based on some advice here i tried

php-cli -q /home/transl40/public_html/lists/admin/index.php -p processqueue -c /home/transl40/public_html/lists/config/config.php >/dev/null 2>&1

but for both, set to launch every 30 minutes, it seems that it keeps starting over. the last time i tried the second cronjob it restarted sometimes every hour and sometimes every two hours, on the hour (since one of my own email addresses that i use for testing is at the very beginning of the recipient list). the latest suggestion by the server is that i have exceeded their limit of 250 messages per hour, in which case the script stops, gets reset and starts all over again when relaunched by the cronjob. is this possible? one solution i tried was to run the cronjob once and then delete it once the campaign was launch. but when i tried this, the main campaign i always use (with a recipient list of around 10,000) stopped when there was only 487 left. so i copied in the cronjob again but it started from the very beginning.

thank you for your advice and i am happy to pay to have this resolved, since i derive some income from this software, Karel

Do you mean that phplist is sending the campaign again to the same subscribers? That should not happen but can occur if phplist thinks that the sending of an email failed but in fact the email was sent. Check the event log page to see if anything has been reported there.