After 2 months a new Release Candidate for the upcoming phpList 3.6.3 is now available for testing! The reason why this took a little longer than the usual amount of time between new releases is because with Pull Request #763 a new release process is introduced. With the new release flow more tasks are automated making the process of releasing phpList a little smoother.
You are invited to give v3.6.3-RC1 a try and help test, especially now that a new build process is introduced. This will help identify any flaws prior to the final and stable release.
Changes to look for in this RC
- Avoid displaying “unknown” for the subscriber and campaign on the bounces page. Have a look at PR #755 submitted by @duncanc.
- Include new lists in the user history report when importing. Have a look at PR #754 submitted by @duncanc.
- Add the option to configure proxy settings for outgoing traffic. Have a look at PR #710.
- Managing plugins more efficiently: Updating and deleting. Have a look at PR #758 submitted by @duncanc.
- Update HTTP_Request2 to version 2.4.2 for compatibility with PHP 8. Have a look at PR #760 submitted by @duncanc.
- Update PHPMailer to version 6.4.1. Have a look at PR #761 submitted by @duncanc.
The latest translations that were made on Weblate are now included! Also, more strings have been added in English and you can start translating them! Have a look at PR #764 for the full list of changes.
In this release candidate you will notice 5 additional plugins that are included upon installation. The additional plugins are:
- Campaign slicer - check out plugin’s repository.
- Date placeholder - check out plugin’s repository.
- Disposable email block - check out plugin’s repository.
- Domain throttle map - check out plugin’s repository.
- Embed remote images - check out plugin’s repository.
Use the Automatic Updater if you are running phpList 3.3.7 or later.
Use your phpList as normal, and report any new problems that you find.
Activating the REST API
If you haven’t checked the REST API yet, you can see the dedicated chapter in the manual to help you get started with it: API and Integrations.
Report any issues you find with phpList3 to the phpList Bugtracker, selecting “3.6.3-RC1” as the Product Version.
Use the usual bug fixing process if you know how to fix it.
Please read the contribution guide on how to contribute and how to run the unit tests and style checks locally.