Possible to batch create multiple lists?

I am in the process of migrating our newsletter to PHPlist. I have well over 100 segmented lists and around 9000 subscribers that are in various lists. In the manual it just shows the process for creating one list at a time, and importing subscribers seems to be also one list at a time.

1. Is it possible to batch create all my lists at once-preferable from a CSV file?
  2. Is it possible to create all my attributes in the same way?
  3. Lastly, once the lists and attributes are created is it possible to bulk import all of our contacts so that they go in to their respective lists?

Thanks for any help!

@mbirame

1. No, phplist doesn’t support batch creation of lists. The best I can think of is to do it with an sql query that inserts multiple rows into the lists table or maybe import a file into the lists table.

2. attributes can be created automatically if they do not exist when you import subscribers, but they will be created as text attributes, not date or select, etc, which might not be what you want. Otherwise, no there isn’t a way to create attributes as a batch.

3. No, importing is into one or more lists, but all subscribers in the import go into all the lists. The lists cannot be specified for each subscriber individually.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that I may be able to bring subscribers in on the SQL side as well if there isn’t a front end import that I can use.