Plugin for CKEditor Plugin

What is the recommended method for installing a plugin for a plugin?

Specifically, I am interested in adding the Emojione plugin for CKEditor to the CKEditor plugin within phpList.

The installation instructions do not make a lot of sense to me, especially when applied to the CKEditor plugin located in the phpList plugin tree.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

John

You can basically install any combination of CKEditor plugins through the CKEditor builder: CKEditor 4 online builder | CKEditor.com (for help see CKEditor Documentation Website).

Then you just need to tell phplist to use your local CKEditor installation instead of loading it from the Content Delivery Network. You can find the relevant information here: plugin:ckeditor [phpList Resources]

“If you want to customise CKEditor, such as by adding further plugins to it, then you can install a local copy. You must then enter the URL for ckeditor.js in the CKEditor group on the Settings page. For example, if you installed CKEditor in the directory ckeditor_4.5.6 of your web site then the setting would be /ckeditor_4.5.6/ckeditor.js.”

Marcel,

Thank you!

This is very helpful and I will give it a shot.

John

Sure, no problem! Hope it helped!

@Marcel @tdgjrb This particular ckeditor plugin requires the css and javascript of the emojione package itself to be loaded. So building a custom version of ckeditor that includes the emojione plugin isn’t the whole solution.

I think that a simpler way to use emojis is to find some sort of desktop utility that lets you choose emojis and copy/paste into any application,not just ckeditor. If you are using windows then here is one way https://www.emojibase.com/emojis-on-windows