phpList sending emails to UPDATES section of Gmail rather than main INBOX

Hi,

I am using phpList with Amazon Simple Email Service for sending emails. However, the emails are going to UPDATES section of Gmail and not in main INBOX. If I send a same email from java program using Amazon Simple Email Service, it goes to main INBOX.

What can be done so that phpList will be able to deliver the email to main INBOX? Please let me know.

Many Thanks,
Nikhil Bhalwankar

This might not be much help, but Trying to beat the system is one reason why SES is forever getting all of it’s IP’s blacklisted.

Is this because you want the emails to be delivered to the inbox for higher visibility but GMail keeps delivering the emails to what they believe is the appropriate GMail tab?
OR
Are your mass mailings personal email that should be delivered to the Inbox tab?

I want the emails to be delivered to the inbox for higher visibility but GMail keeps delivering the emails to what they believe is the appropriate GMail tab. Thats correct.

If I send the email using a java program from command prompt, it goes to main inbox. However, this is not the case with phpList.

I don’t like to get bulk mail in my #GMail inbox… where it doesn’t belong.
Maybe I’m making assumptions here and I’m sorry, but I’m not inclined to help.

1 Like

The emails which I am talking about are not any promotional emails. I am talking about some important emails which subscribers of my site should know on time. Thats why I want to send the emails to main Inbox for higher visibility.