phpList sending duplicate emails

I have a campaign that includes an attachment. When I send a test message, I get 2 emails: one with the attachment and one without. Why is that?
Is that just in the test or will it send the duplicates when I send out the campaign, which I do not want?
Thanx

This is a function of the test options. The first is in HTML (even if you don’t use HTML) and the second is plain Text. It shows what both will look like when you send an actual campaign depending on your users preferences.

If you plan on sending only HTML (for example), don’t offer it in the campaign options, and you can turn the option to send both off in the config.php file.

1 Like

Thanx - don’t see it in the campaign options though. Will look in config file.
BUT, if I leave as is, will it send 2 emails to everyone or not?

No, only ever one message to one subscriber per campaign (even if you resend or requeue it)

Taken from the config_extended.php file, to use, place this within the config.php file for phpList to use.

# test emails
# if you send a test email, phplist will by default send you two emails, one in HTML format
# and the other in Text format. If you set this to 1, you can override this behaviour
# and only have a test email sent to you that matches the user record of the user that the
# test emails are sent to
define('SEND_ONE_TESTMAIL', 0);