Phplist do not send html messages anymore! (after moving to a new hosting)

Hi there!

We had phplist configured in the “old” hosting account, phplist 3.3.1, it was working really great!
But now, we had to move the website to a new hosting it is not sending html messages !?

It is really odd… it is like the html section is DELETED by the server? can be that possible?
There is any way to check if the server can send html email properly? (maybe a php file that uses mail() and send a test message??)

In the email code I see the section
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
then follow all the text stuff

and there is NO section
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
as I can see in old newletter emails…

Any idea? what to check? it could be a php configuration? an email server configuration? something related to phpmailer?

If I send a test email, it is sending two emails… as text, the one that should be html… is just text…

–b1_2ba272999c9e100a2de04fd10baa47ef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

fdfdasffffffffffffff

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - sd-1374267-l.dattaweb.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - gmail.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [1007 1006] / [502 502]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - sd-1374267-l.dattaweb.com

fdfdasffffffffffffff

Oh damn… I have tested the server & phpmailer using the code below provided… and the email had HTML!
So… it looks like something odd happens to my phplist setup???

Any idea about what to check?

<?php require 'class.phpmailer.php'; $mail = new PHPMailer(); $mail->IsHTML(true); $mail->CharSet = "text/html; charset=UTF-8;"; $mail->From = "someone@domain.com"; $mail->FromName = "FROMMMMMM"; // First name, last name $mail->AddAddress("theto@gmail.com", "First name last name"); $htmlMessage = 'parte html

- [TODAY:d/m/Y] -

'; $textMessage = 'Parte puro texto'; $mail->Subject = "probando email con html y texto"; $mail->Body = $htmlMessage; $mail->AltBody = $textMessage; # This automatically sets the email to multipart/alternative. This body can be read by mail clients that do not have HTML email capability such as mutt. if(!$mail->Send()) { throw new Exception("Mailer Error: " . $mail->ErrorInfo); } else { echo 'Message has been sent.'; } ?>

More news… I have setup the SMTP way out in config.php… (had to put a timeout of 30)… and it sends the emails multipart ok! so it works html as html, text as text…

So… something is wrong in the mail() function? is that handled by phpmailer?
It could be that the server configuration is deleting the html multipart section??

Any idea?

Hi I’ve just ran into the same trouble, but this was after my support was helping me on my site, there was something preventing my site to be added to a iframe, they changed the code in the .htaccess I wonder if this might be our trouble? Does the PhPlist write to that file when it’s installed? and when you move to your new sever did they just transfer your package? or did you re-install the PHPList on the new server?