phpList 3.4.6 has been released

phpList version 3.4.6 is now available for download, including subtle usability and security improvements.

This is a small but significant release as the Dressprow theme is no longer included by default.

The Dressprow code repository will continue to be available on GitHub for those who wish to manually install and develop it but it will no longer be maintained.

Use the ‘Updater’ link from your dashboard to get it, or see the Download page for full installation and upgrade instructions.

Changes in this release

Other changes include Improved pagination when displaying a set of results – thanks to @duncanc and improved security on attachment links included on text version of the messages.

You can check the full list of changes along with references to the pull request on the release notes.

Support

Need help upgrading your phpList server to the most recent version? Ask the community at discuss.phplist.com. Professional support from community experts, as well as manuals, source code, and developer resources, can be found at phplist.org. Report bugs to the bugtracker!

Want to focus on campaigns and forget hosting headaches? Sign up at phplist.com for an account with everything included. Send from 300 free messages to 30 million messages per month.

Community-made

This release is the work of @duncanc and other Open Source community members who have submitted bug reports and valuable feedback, as well as phpList Ltd developers. To get involved in phpList development, check out the developer resources pages.

To get involved in phpList development, check out the developer resources pages.

The download page has the release date as “Sunday” September 11, 2019. However, here in the U.S., September 11, 2019 is a Wednesday.

1 Like

Can confirm that for Europe too :blush:
Thanks for the careful reading, just corrected :slight_smile:

I tried using the updater, but the message comes back

Updater is loading.
Could not move updater

Nothing happens even though the tick is in the " Perform update".

Is the only way to update to do a brand new install over the existing instance of phplist?

When I update, I usually move the existing install directory to ‘lists.3.x.y’… i.e. lists.3.4.5, and then install the new version in ‘lists’ directory, rename the config/config.php to /config/config.php.orig, then copy the previous ./lists.3.x.y/config/config.php to ./lists/config/config.php

That way you can always get back to the previous working install (by renaming directories) if something goes wrong.

Suela,

Thanks for putting all the links in this note! it’s helpful and a good way to ‘navigate’ to the places that we might want to go…

Dan

Thanks very much. I willl have to consider that for 3.4.6