phpList 3.4.2 released

phpList 3.4.2 has been released

This release includes email validations on all import pages, a fix on the Automatic Updater to support PHP 5.3 and 5.4 and several other improvements/extended functionality. See the full list of changes in the release notes.

Other changes in this release

• Added support for [CONTACTURL] placeholder, allowing customization of vCard link anchor text
  • Added http to URLs included in vCards for wider support and compliance
  • Add fallback during Automatic Updater checks (dashboard notification) to remove dependency on cURL
  • Added support for inline viewing of PDF attachments allowing access to PDF campaign attachments in your browser when receiving plaintext messages and/or use the NewsletterArchive add-on – thanks to Lior, see the pull request
  • List all errors when they exist on subscribe pages when using the Captcha plugin enabled – thanks to @merovatis who raised the problem and Duncanfor quickly providing the fix, see the pull request

Try the REST API

If you haven’t checked the REST API yet, you can see the dedicated chapter in the manual to help you get started with it: API and Integrations

Support

Need help upgrading your phpList server to the most recent version? Ask the community at discuss.phplist.com. Professional support from community experts, as well as manuals, source code, and developer resources, can be found at phplist.org. Report bugs to the bugtracker!

Want to focus on campaigns and forget hosting headaches? Sign up at phplist.com for an account with everything included. Send from 300 free messages to 30 million messages per month.

Community-made

phpList 3.4.2 is the work of Duncan Cameron, Lior Weissbrod and other Open Source community members that helped identify issues and improvements, as well as the phpList Ltd. developers. To get involved in phpList development, check out the developer resources pages.

2 Likes

If you are unsure where to find the latest release, please visit this page to download it in your preferred format (zip, tgz etc)

2 Likes

It seems to get stuck on “Do you want a backup?” when upgrading from 3.4.1

Well, the “Next” button finally showed and now it is fine!

3 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something, but the Downloads page still links to the zip and tgz for 3.4.1.
I downloaded 3.4.2 from the “releases” link…

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out. Somehow, an old revision was published. Updated :slight_smile:

1 Like

On the new manage campaign templates screen, the edit icon within the Action group on the right do not work. The ID parameter name is missing in the URL, so we have this:
http://domain.com/lists/admin/?page=template&7&tk=xxx
vs. the correct:
http://domain.com/lists/admin/?page=template&id=7&tk=xxx

The edit icon lands you on a new blank template, clicking the template name loads the template edit screen correctly.

Thanks for reporting, yes this issue has been confirmed and resolved: https://mantis.phplist.org/view.php?id=19937

It will be released in an RC around June 5th, and in a final release on June 11.

1 Like

Thanks @samtuke, glad it’s in the works.

1 Like

Having a little issue with the latest updater. I’ve got the following error happening:

Updater is loading.
Error: The following files are not expected or required. To continue please move or delete them.
.htaccess

I’m running NGINX. I’ve deleted every .htaccess file I can find - to my knowledge I can’t find any more of those files and I’m still getting this issue. Oddly enough I’ve got another site running PHPList on the same server and upgraded just fine. So I’m confused.

.htaccess is required to be in lists directory.

Having the .htaccess file present shouldn’t have any impact on nginx. Therefore there’s no reason to remove it.

Exactly, which is why it’s very curious that I cannot update the install on one website, but works on another on the same server.

Putting the htaccess file back should allow the updates to proceed as normal.