Not able to send Amazon SES emails

I have setup Amazon SES and its AWS IAM user with keys and everything. I have also setup Amazon SES plugin as per the documentation.

When I send test email from Amazon SES, it works but no campaign emails are going from phplist.

Do I need to do something in config.php or config_extended.php ? I have already put all required settings in AmazonSES plugin.

I see that almost all web support is old and I tried everything. Can someone guide me in doing right steps on the latest version of phplist.org ?

Thanks

I’m assuming you installed the ‘common’ plugin, and also the Amazon SES plugin?
Once that is done, you would need to input the configuration data on the ‘settings’ web page of phpList… i.e. the location of your SES account, and the password.

Lastly, Ses requires that you validate your email address, for both the ‘from’ address, and the ‘envelope from’ address. Do that by sending emails to those addresses from SES, and then open and click on the link.

1 Like

@chintakdholakia look on the event log page for any problems that have been reported.

1 Like

Hello all

Yes checked the event log. No errors reported.

Also yes I did all the steps mentioned by you. Still no luck.

Do help thanks

@chintakdholakia If phplist and the plugin indicate that emails are being sent, and no errors are reported, then they probably are being sent from phplist.
Look at your SES account. There should be a log of emails that have been sent through SES.

Hello All

Got this working. I was using wrong SES Endpoint. I was using SMTP end point instead of API based. I was not getting the errors before but today I got the error message and from that, I was able to debug

Thanks for your help everyone

Best,

Chintak

I am new to phplists and have installed the aws ses plugin. I am registered with AWS SES.

Could someone describe how I would go about changing SMTP to API endpoint? I am also having issues with sending a test email.

Thanks for any help.

Did you ever get this straightened out?
If you install Duncan’s “AWS SES” plugin, and activate it, you will have changed to the api.

There are settings that Amazon provides that need to be installed for the plugin to operate properly (Identity and secret), as well as the endpoint location (this is the datacenter that you are connecting to, where the identities are setup).
Lastly, you need to verify the email address you are sending from via the amazon email verification process. Amazon will send an email to the address you want to use, and you need to click on the link in the email to verify it. Do this for the ‘from’ address, as well as the administrator address (used by phpList to send reports), as well as the ‘envelope’ email address.
Once all of these steps are done, you should be good to go.

I did almost all this and I still cannot get it to work.
Is the set up done only via plugin set up, or also some other section on the settings page, or also some other section ?
It may be that my admin address is different and also domain that hosts the php list than the email domain ? I will not be able to justify that by the AWS, no ? I will describe this better later in a more schematic way as I need to get going. Thank You.

so no, I did everything as you listed and I get this error now, repeatedly : MailSender http code: 400, result: Sender InvalidAction Could not find operation SendRawEmail for version NO_VERSION_SPECIFIED dfa526b6-6b25-4757-a440-94614b0d460a , curl error:

@NBR I guess that you are using the wrong endpoint or region. The default endpoint is https://email.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ and region us-east-1 which work for me.

Duncan,

Thank You for taking the time to reply. After learning just about everything there is to learn about PHPlist and AWS SES I finally caught my own mistake. It works on Frankfurt endpoint too now successfully. In the end point specification I had “sts” instead of “email”. I must have changed it thinking it was the way to go with that one when I didn’t have the SES fully set up or something, I don’t know. But all is good, I learned a lot in the process if nothing else :slight_smile:

SES region

eu-central-1

SES endpoint

https://email.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com vs wrong: https://sts.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com