No content in received testmail

Sending a testmail reports success but there is no content in the mail I receive. Where to search for an error? phpList 3.4.8 with PHP 5.6.37. Before the update to version 3.4.8 everything worked fine.

No error in server error log.
When trying to send a test mail of an older campaign also an empty mail is coming. Before the test mail of this campaign worked fine.

@Subhash phplist 3.4.8 includes PHPMailer 6. Have you enabled that by adding a line to config.php? If so, try reverting to PHPMailer 5. See https://www.phplist.org/newslist/phplist-3-4-8-release-notes/

Usually two test emails are sent, one HTML format the second in plain text format. Which one has the empty content?

I only get one multipart mail when I test.

I had not enabled PHPMailer 6. So I tried to enable it and the content was sent but not the new inline images.

In the meantime I recognized that the class “inline” attached to the images to sent them using the inlineImagePlugin is the culprit. When I remove it the content is sent also with PHPMailer 5 but the images are not shown. Only a question mark.

I really want to send images with my campaign. And this plugin worked very well with phpList 3.4.6. But now…

@Subhash phplist lets you embed all local images or all remote images using these two settings. Set either to 1 to enable. The plugin is no longer supported, but I don’t know why it would suddenly stop working.

// EMBEDEXTERNALIMAGES
// this flag will fetch images in your content that are remotely hosted and put them
// inside the message that is sent.
define('EMBEDEXTERNALIMAGES',false);

define('EMBEDUPLOADIMAGES', 0);

Thank you very much! This I didn’t know. It works if I delete the class (or as I suppose remove the plugin).