Ok Just like everything in my life, things that happen only happen to me. Let me see if I can explain better. I have been using phpLists for several years so I know what to do and how to fix some things.
A few weeks ago the host that I used migrated my sites to the cloud. Well when that happened names, passwords etc got changed which made the newsletter quit working. With the help of the host and another member here on the forum I found the incorrect information and fixed it, I thought. The reason I figured it was working was because before I “fixed” it when I sent a newsletter or had anyone subscribe it sent an error message saying “Error sending email to XXX.XXX SMTP connect() failed.” After the fix I attempted to send a test from the campaign screen and it went through fine and was received. I also sent in a new request to subscribe and it sent out the verification email. I submitted the verification and it added the new address to the list. I then thought it all was working fine.
Then when I went to actually send out a newsletter nothing happened. There were not reports generated, there were no error messages, and there were no newsletters sent out. I tested the same newsletter with the test feature from the campaign screens and the test worked perfectly. So I have narrowed the issue down to Finish tab of the send a campaign. I can place the campaign in the queue and it says that the campaign is queued. So up till this point it works great. when I process the queue it acts like it is doing it but only flashes on the screen then says “All Done.” Yet it did not do anything. There are no error messages and nothing at all in the Log of Events from that process. I get no email and no newsletters are sent out.
It was at this point I sent in a request for help. That was yesterday. This morning when I found you had sent me a question. I went in and checked the log of events that said no additional information. What I did find was a notice (button) on the top of the screen letting me know I had a newsletter that was in the queue and asked if I wanted to send it. (I do not remember the exact wording but you get the picture.) I clicked on to process queue. That time it went through and sent out the newsletter. So I know the system is working. There must be one command that is not set correctly but am at a loss as to what it is, where I can look, and what it should be. If I knew what file to look in and what command I am looking for then that would be a start.
Thank you very much for your time and help. I will gladly give you what ever information you need just let me know and where to find it and I will post .