Malformed Header from Script

I am installing a brand new copy of phplist (v 3.2.4) downloaded today (1-18-16) and am encountering an interesting 500 internal server error.

The error reads:

[Mon Jan 18 23:26:11 2016] [error] [client X.X.X.X] malformed header from script. Bad header=Mysqli functionality missing: index.php

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. My next step is to attempt an older version, to see if it’s something in the update.

Thanks

-T

SERVER DETAILS

I am currently running CENTOS 6.7 x86_64 with WHM 11.52.2 (build 2)

Current Cpanel/Apache Configuration:
Build 01-18-2016 (1) Profile

I am installing a brand new copy of phplist (v 3.2.4) downloaded today (1-18-16) and am encountering an interesting 500 internal server error.

The error reads:

[Mon Jan 18 23:26:11 2016] [error] [client X.X.X.X] malformed header from script. Bad header=Mysqli functionality missing: index.php

I am currently running CENTOS 6.7 x86_64 with WHM 11.52.2 (build 2)

Current Cpanel/Apache Configuration:
Build 01-18-2016 (1) Profile

Apache 2.2
Asis
AuthnDefault
Env
Expires
Fileprotect
Headers
Mod SuPHP 0.7.2
Proxy
Version
PHP 5.6
Bcmath
CGI
Calendar
CurlSSL
FTP
GD
Iconv
Imap
MailHeaders
Mbregex
Mbstring
Mcrypt
Mysql
Mysql of the system
Openssl
PDO
PDO MySQL
POSIX
Pear
Phar
SQLite3
Sockets
TTF (FreeType)
Zip
Zlib

Additional OptMods
IonCube Loader 4.7.5 for PHP
Mod Perl 2.0.8
Zend Guard Loader 7.0 for PHP

Below is my phpinfo() details

PHP Version 5.6.17

System Linux ct01.vsvr001.survportal.com 2.6.32-32-pve #1 SMP Thu Aug 21 08:50:19 CEST 2014 x86_64
Build Date Jan 18 2016 22:22:57
Configure Command ‘./configure’ ‘–disable-fileinfo’ ‘–disable-opcache’ ‘–enable-bcmath’ ‘–enable-calendar’ ‘–enable-ftp’ ‘–enable-gd-native-ttf’ ‘–enable-libxml’ ‘–enable-mbstring’ ‘–enable-pdo=shared’ ‘–enable-sockets’ ‘–enable-zip’ ‘–prefix=/usr/local’ ‘–with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs’ ‘–with-curl=/opt/curlssl/’ ‘–with-freetype-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-gd’ ‘–with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/’ ‘–with-imap-ssl=/usr’ ‘–with-jpeg-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-kerberos’ ‘–with-libdir=lib64’ ‘–with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/’ ‘–with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/’ ‘–with-mysql=/usr’ ‘–with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ ‘–with-openssl=/usr’ ‘–with-openssl-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre’ ‘–with-pdo-mysql=shared’ ‘–with-pdo-sqlite=shared’ ‘–with-pic’ ‘–with-png-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-xpm-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-zlib’ ‘–with-zlib-dir=/usr’ ‘CFLAGS= ‘–param’ ‘ggc-min-expand=1’ ‘–param’ ‘ggc-min-heapsize=4096’’ ‘LDFLAGS= ‘-L/usr/X11R6/lib64’’ 'CXXFLAGS= ‘–param’ ‘ggc-min-expand=1’ ‘–param’ ‘ggc-min-heapsize=4096’'
Server API CGI/FastCGI
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/lib
Loaded Configuration File /usr/local/lib/php.ini
Scan this dir for additional .ini files (none)
Additional .ini files parsed (none)
PHP API 20131106
PHP Extension 20131226
Zend Extension 220131226
Zend Extension Build API220131226,NTS
PHP Extension Build API20131226,NTS
Debug Build no
Thread Safety disabled
Zend Signal Handling disabled
Zend Memory Manager enabled
Zend Multibyte Support provided by mbstring
IPv6 Support enabled
DTrace Support disabled
Registered PHP Streams https, ftps, compress.zlib, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip
Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls, tlsv1.0, tlsv1.1, tlsv1.2
Registered Stream Filters zlib., convert.iconv., mcrypt., mdecrypt., string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk

This seems to indicate the problem as phplist now uses mysqli by default. If you cannot install mysqli then you will need to modify your config file to use mysql instead, but that will not be supported by phplist much longer.

So either install mysqli or input $database_module = ‘mysql.inc’ is what you’re saying.