phpList.org

Lost Matomo tracking code and Message preview now say rate and is not working

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f00d8f9ab20> #<Tag:0x00007f00d8f9a9b8>

Using PHP 7.4 (which worked file with the previous release) I’ve lost my Matomo tracking settings which now show up as Google Analytics.

Also, the previous Message Preview (in Send Campaigns) is replaced with a “Rate” option which is not working.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 12.22.30 PM

@nathanlang It seems to be a problem with the translations. On the Settings page check that matomo has been selected, then once you select that check box it should display the Matomo fields.

The “Message preview” text has now been translated to “Message Id”. No idea why this has happened.

Thanks for chiming in @duncanc. I have uploaded a screenshot of the setting. Both options are for Google Analytics. So not sure how that changed from Matomo either.

Am I to understand that the Message Preview just changed names to the Id (only a name change) or does it now do something completely different than it did before?

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 1.38.03 PM

@nathanlang The first field is a Yes/No, and the second is a selection list, so you have chosen Matomo.

On the Finish tab, checking the check box will display the Matomo paramters, pk_xxxx.

There is no functional change, just what looks to be a problem with the translation system. I have raised that as a problem https://mantis.phplist.org/view.php?id=20339

If you feel adventurous then you can try replacing the translations in the database.

Using phpmyadmin, for the phplist_i18n table delete rows with language = 'en'

Then update the translations through menu System > update translations.
If phplist says that English is up to date, then force an update by appending &force=1 to the URL in the browser URL field. That should then allow you to update the English translations, which should remove these problematic ones.

Are you saying to delete every row in the blue highlighted area as below?

I ended up deleting all the lan en rows, and then using the &force=1 to update the english translation. The tracking came back in Settings. But the submenus now read as the attached screenshots. I will await the next update at this point, but thanks so much for your help @duncanc.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.19.52 PM Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.21.48 PM Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.22.14 PM Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.22.21 PM

@nathanlang Yes, I had not realised that would happen to the menus. My phplist now displays the same, so I will try to find a way to remedy that and let you know.

Excellent, I await any updates. Thank you so much @duncanc.

@nathanlang There is a problem with some of the translations, particularly the page titles that are used for the menus.
You can try this small code change
file admin/languages.php
line 731 should be

    if (preg_match('/^msgid "(.*)"/', $line, $regs)) {

change it to

    if (preg_match('/^msgctxt "(.*)"/', $line, $regs)) {

then update the English translations using the force parameter. That should restore the menu items, and also correct the captions for tracking code on the Settings page and the Finish tab. Those were just incorrect translations, that I have now changed.

Excellent @duncanc, looks like that bit of code replacement did the trick! Thanks again!

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 1.05.48 PM Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 1.05.54 PM Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 1.06.00 PM