Install on OVH France

Good morning all,
I just downloaded PHPlist and I just installed it on an OVH server (French host)
I think I have correctly configured the “config.php” and “config_extend.php” file
but i can’t send any email, neither in PHP fonction nor in POP3

My database looks correct. PhpList seems to be working properly.

First question: Can we use the PHP function to send emails on OVH? I prefer to use the PHP function.

I still configured the OVH server to try (SSL0.OVH.NET, 995, SSL Password) but no results.

Second question how many emails can we consider sending with OVH (shared)? from what I read on old messages 100 / hour, but it was 10 years ago.
Thank you !!

phplist uses only config.php. The file config_extended.php is only for your information on all the available settings.

You can use the php mail() function by this setting

define("PHPMAILERHOST", '');

at installation, this function is already pre-filled
define ("PHPMAILERHOST", '');
so of course I did a test leaving it like that
but that doesn’t work

thanks anyway

What do you mean by this? Does phplist report an error, or do you not receive the email? You should raise the problem with your hosting company if you are unable to send emails at all.

I tried some php script to test the sending in php mail function

<?php 
    ini_set( 'display_errors', 1 );
    error_reporting( E_ALL );
    $from = "noreply@mail.com";
    $to = "contact@mail.com";
    $subject = "PHP Mail Test script";
    $message = "Ceci est un test de fonctionnement de la fonction PHP mail";
    $headers = "From: AC mail" . $from;
    mail($to,$subject,$message, $headers);
    echo "Test email sent";
?>

and it works, so the problem is not from OVH I think.
I tried to change the CHMOD but without success, I go around in circles

@kazz If you can configure phplist to send through an smtp server as explained here
https://www.phplist.org/manual/books/phplist-manual/page/installing-phplist-manually

You can enable smtp debug as explained in config_extended.php then send a test message

//# SMTP debugging
// Enable debugging output by phpmailer when sending test emails
// See https://phpmailer.github.io/PHPMailer/classes/PHPMailer.PHPMailer.PHPMailer.html#property_SMTPDebug
// define('PHPMAILER_SMTP_DEBUG', 0);