I could not deliver the mail

Hello everyone, I sent an email campaign but I received a lot of reply emails in which there is in the subject “I could not deliver the mail :(”. Looking at the statistics there are no problems and the mail is sent but not I understand if there was actually an error or what it could be.

Thanks a lot to everyone

Probably means it has been sent, just that it was rejected by the mail server at the receivees end. Possibly incorrect email address, however, there should be a rejected code in the bounced back message.

I am having a similar issue. Every single email is returned.
I’ve sent a campaign for over 30K emails before with no issues.
My hosting provider says you should not send more than 150 messages per hour, I’ve been sending only 130 per hour.
Now I am getting this error:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

FVPG@HOTMAIL.COM
host eig-west.smtp.a.cloudfilter.net [34.223.136.48]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
550 M7TjreIJNfPByM7TkrGqOZ - <frank@samsaraservices.com> message rejected AUP#SNDR

Reporting-MTA: dns; box5561.bluehost.com

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;FVPG@HOTMAIL.COM
Remote-MTA: dns; eig-west.smtp.a.cloudfilter.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 M7TjreIJNfPByM7TkrGqOZ - <frank@samsaraservices.com> message rejected AUP#SNDR

The error message “message rejected AUP#SNDR” indicates that the email was rejected by the recipient’s email server due to a violation of the recipient’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). This policy outlines the guidelines for sending emails and may include restrictions on content, frequency, and sender authentication.

The specific reason for the rejection may not be explicitly stated, but it could be related to any of the following factors:

• Spam: If your email is flagged as spam, the recipient’s server will reject it to prevent their users from receiving unwanted messages. Spam filters typically analyze the content, sender reputation, and other factors to identify potential spam.
  • Invalid SPF or DKIM records: SPF (Sender Policy Framework) and DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) are email authentication methods that verify the sender’s identity and prevent spoofing. If your server’s SPF or DKIM records are invalid or misconfigured, the recipient’s server may reject your emails due to security concerns.
  • High bounce rate: If your emails have a high bounce rate, meaning they are frequently returned to you as undeliverable, the recipient’s server may flag you as a sender with a poor reputation and reject your emails to protect their users.

To resolve the “message rejected AUP#SNDR” error, you should first check the following:

• Review your email content: Ensure your emails are not considered spammy or offensive. Avoid using excessive capitalization, exclamation marks, or suspicious links.
  • Verify SPF and DKIM records: Check your DNS records to ensure your SPF and DKIM records are correctly configured and properly match your domain. You can use online tools to test your SPF and DKIM records.
  • Monitor bounce rate: Keep an eye on your email bounce rate and try to identify the reasons for any bounces. Address any issues with deliverability to improve your reputation.

If you continue to encounter the “message rejected AUP#SNDR” error, you may need to contact your email provider or IT administrator for further assistance. They can help you troubleshoot and implement additional measures to enhance your email deliverability.

@miguelss Thanks for your response.
The error is the same, it doesn’t matter if I am sending to Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail.
I can send messages directly from my email and it goes through. I guess is something wrong with Phplist itself.

@francopando if you can successfully send e-mails to these accounts outside of phplist, then it must be a problem with the mail service provider, which I assume is not the same (I mean SMTP). Please check it.

Thanks!
I’ve been using Bluehost as my hosting provider, and I was using their SMTP.
They allow me to send 150 emails per hour. (I was sending 130).
I’ve found the issue, it’s that my IP have been blacklisted for UCEPROTECTL2 and UCEPROTECTL3
My concern is that I am able to send message through the Webmail, but not from Phplist .

Glad to know you resolve the issue.
Great job!!:clap: