HOW to Segment Plugin internationalization (i18n)

@duncanc

Many thanks.

And Then.
Next.

I want to translate “Segment” plugin.
but,
Download the files in the FTP,
Editing,
Converts the character code of the file in UTF-8,
When you upload a file with FTP,
become a “White Out” management console…

Please tell me how to Segment Plugin internationalization.

So far as I know phplist doesn’t yet support translation of text within plugins. This plugin uses a function s() that will allow text to be translated but there is no method of providing text translated for different languages.

Of course you can change your local copy of the plugin but I’m not able to help you debug your changes.

@duncanc THX for the help.

Of course you can change your local copy of the plugin

but, I chenged (localized) local files,
upload the files with FTP,
Screen does not appear.

By providing a text that I have been translated if, do you offer them?

@junysb3 can you request the feature of translation for plugins? https://www.phplist.org/development/#bugreport or you can +1 an existing request if there is one? Thanks x

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure what you mean, but if you send me one of the modified files then I can see if it works.
When you use FTP you need to use binary (not ascii) mode for the transfer. Otherwise characters can be corrupted.

@anna THX for the help.

@duncanc THX for the help.

I’m not exactly sure what you mean, but if you send me one of the modified files then I can see if it works.
When you use FTP you need to use binary (not ascii) mode for the transfer. Otherwise characters can be corrupted.

I can not understand why is what you “use binary (not ascii)” to say.
Usually, in the case of php (text base) file, do you not use “ascii” ?

When I upload a “segment” plug-in to the plug-in directory, I tried using the FTP “binary” mode.
but, It does not change the situation.