How to get help: a short guide

Here is a quick “how to” on getting help and getting involved in the phpList forums.

1. Make sure to choose a category for your post, “Support” is the most popular.
  2. Try and make the subject descriptive.
  3. You can post in your own language if you wish (we will translate it if we need to).
  4. You can be social, we are friendly :smile:
  5. There is a phpList manual here: https://www.phplist.org/manual/ - it’s pretty good!

The information below will be super useful to those trying to help you:

1. The version of phpList you are using.
  2. Your server version of PHP
  3. The url to your installation where possible. (eg: domain.com/lists/admin)
  4. Which browser (and version) you are using to view your site.
  5. What exactly is the issue (screen snapshot can be helpful).
  6. What you have done to try to fix the issue so far, including links to any documentation you have followed.

Be secure: please do not give passwords, ftp access details or email addresses out in the forums.

Note that phpList 3.2.x needs version 5.5 of PHP as a minimum: outdated PHP on the server is often the problem to recent queries, thanks.

If you are new to asking for technical support in forms, or would like to improve your forum-communication skills, then this guide will help you.

Hey, just edited it a bit to add some more info etc. I will un-close it too, as it’s good for people to ask questions about how to find this info etc :smile:

1 Like

Hey @Dragonrider I made some more edits, what do you think? We have a big issue with people choosing uncetegorised, then the posts don’t get answered. I just recategorised about 50 posts, mostly unanswered. I will report this issue to discourse (again)

a
x