How do I configure remote processing secret?

I have not upgraded to 3.0.12 yet because I haven’t figured out how to use the remote processing ‘secret’. In 3.0.10. I currently use the following cron job:

/usr/bin/curl -s 
'http://www.????.com/lists/admin/index.php?page=pageaction&action=processqueue&login=?????&password=?????'  >/dev/null 2>&1

This cron job no longer works with the new version. I understand that the new version should use a cron job with ‘secret’ in it like to following:

/user/bin/curl -s 'http://www. ?????.com/lists/admin/?page=processqueue&secret=?????'

What I don’t understand is where you configure ‘secret’ in the config file. One post implied that it was in Config > Settings > Security but I didn’t find anything in config.php or config.extended.php. I searched the forum and the documentation for ‘secret’ and couldn’t find the answer. Can someone tell me where to configure ‘secret’ so the cron job can use it?

Jim

There is some info here: https://phplist.org/manual/ch035_methods-of-sending-browser-cron-command-line.xhtml

In 3.0.12, the ‘secret’ is found by going into the settings page (“Config”, “Settings”), and it’s about the 5th or 6th field down… in the security settings box.

I finally figured out where secret is configured (I had been looking in the Config file.) I am now using the following cron command:

/usr/bin/curl 'http://www.?????.com/lists/admin/?page=processqueue&secret=?????'

I am using the same config file I used with 3.0.10 and am receiving the following error:

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current

Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0

100  2728    0  2728    0     0   5705      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  5719

100  2728    0  2728    0     0   5704      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  5719

**This page can only be called from the commandline**

My config file was set to not allow command line processing.

define ("MANUALLY_PROCESS_QUEUE",0);

Should something be changed to allow 3.0.12 to work from cron?

Thanks for any assitance,
Jim

I changed the following setting to true:

define ("MANUALLY_PROCESS_QUEUE",1);

I discovered that it’s not just a cron job I’m having a problem with, I can’t manually process the queue from the dashboard either. I’m out of ideas to try.

Jim

you would want to turn the 'manually_process_queue to ‘1’, in that the curl command uses the web interface (at least that is what phpList thinks is happening).

Once it is working, you will need to set your cron job for once a minute…

Changing the setting to

define ("MANUALLY_PROCESS_QUEUE",1);

resulted in the following results:

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current

Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

without the error stating “This page can only be called from the commandline.” However, the message was still not sent.

Jim

Based on the results, it looks like there is nothing in the queue that is sendable.
Can you create a simple campaign, and submit it to a test list, and then try that curl command?
It should process the queue, and the queue should have something in it… looks like you are getting closer.

I have a test message in the queue (I’m on m sixth test message.). The Dashboard says “You have 1 message(s) waiting to be sent” and when I click the View the queue button the message is listed. The problem is really frustrating me because I can’t manually process the message in the queue either (the icon spins forever.) I was originally using the same config file I used with 3.0.10. Yesterday, I went through the new extended config item by item and still could not process the queue (automatically or manually.)

Jim