How can I confirm unconfirmed users safely?

version 3.3.1: This is confusing.

I get this message when selecting SEARCH SUBSCRIBERS:

6,315 subscribers in total
Subscribers with a red icon are either unconfirmed or blacklisted or both (75)

When I check, show only unconfirmed subscribers, I get: 75 subscribers in total

When I check, show only blacklisted subscribers, I get:186 subscribers in total

My understanding is that when someone unsubscribes they are blacklisted, but I’m not sure. I want to avoid resubscribing someone who has opted out.

I suggest using @duncanc 's Subscriber plugin. You can then subscribe unsubscribed users with a single mouse click.

Don’t forget to install the CommonPlugin first, or update it if it’s already installed.

Dan

CommonPlugin
https://github.com/bramley/phplist-plugin-common/archive/master.zip

SubscribersPlugin
https://github.com/bramley/phplist-plugin-subscribers/archive/master.zip

@danwaterloo I think @bbookghost is concerned about knowing which subscribers he should make confirmed. @bbookghost what exactly are you trying to do?

Yes @duncanc that’s right. I want to only confirm people who have forgotten to confirm themselves, and I want to be careful not to reconfirm people who have opted out. Thanks.

@bbookghost You want subscribers who are unconfirmed and not blacklisted. One way is to export all subscribers then in a spreadsheet filter those who meet the criteria.
I thought that there was a way to bulk confirm subscribers but it looks not to be the case. You will need to confirm each subscriber individually.

The Subscribers plugin does let you apply a command to a set of subscribers, but it doesn’t include making them confirmed.

1 Like

@duncanc. Thanks. I shall do it manually, (and like it).

But anyway. if he confirm everyone, unsubscribe users will be confirm but as there are already blacklist so they will not anyway received message even if there are confirm?

Who knows, perhaps those who haven’t confirmed have changed their minds and do not wish to confirm to receive these emails, or worse still, someone else has used their details and the owner of the email used does NOT wish to receive what they class as junk/unsolicited mail??

For sure, I’m not saying that’s a good practice to re-confirm everyone.
I was just saying it was safe to re-confirm blacklisted users, as anyway confirm or not they will not receive any message