I get the impression that few people using phpList are involved with FeedBack Loops… But for those of you that are running a completely above board mass-mailing system… Read On.
I wrote a very complicated script that handles spam reports received via FBL’s for MS, Yahoo, and AOL.
Without my script, when reports normally come in…
- I click the unsubscribe link in each to find out the
associated email addy.
- Then I go into the phpList admin interface and search for the
- Then I would blacklist the user in a convoluted way.
If I have 5 in a day, it takes 30 minutes… It’s unreasonable and incomplete.
The first thing required is that you are actually part of these FBL’s.
- The script retrieves the email from the server.
- It preg_match harvests the unsubscribe URL and the $originalsender
(the addy I sent the original from) from each.
- It writes the user_user.uniqueid to a flat file if it’s not a
- It iterates through the flat file removing the user from all mailing
lists and places them on a special list I created just for
- It marks user.user.blacklisted = 1
- It sets user_user.modified to 3 hours ago
- it creates records for _listuser, _user_blacklist,
- it sets user_user.extradata and user_blacklist_data.data as
- It deletes the flat file.
This is capable of handling 50 in a minute.
The script is real complicated. Would the devs be interested in something like this?.
If so, I can try and work on it so it’s not so specialized to work with my systems.