Error sending campaign

Hello,

I’m using the latest version of PHP list, with firefox (though I’ve tried with multiple browsers). I created a campaign as usual and noticed an issue when my test emails failed. I went ahead to try to process the queue. Each subscriber met with “Error.” I tried creating a new campaign, logging out, a different browser to no avail. I’m not sure what to do. I’m not a very tech savvy person!

Thanks for any tips!

Here are some suggestions on where to look:

• check your phpmailer host settings. you should be able to send yourself a test. If the test doesn’t arrive, then you won’t be able to send a campaign.

• make sure your php is the correct version. right now, it should be 5.6 or higher.

• in the config.php file, make sure your database type is set to ‘mysqli’ vs. ‘mysql’

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply! I’m quite a novice - how do I find/ adjust the config.php file?

Indebted,
Katie

Hi Katie,
To get at the config.php file, you’ll need to log onto the server, and look in the directory …/lists/config you’ll find it there. The … directory is the path where you installed the software.

If you need help, several of the people here offer paid help (including me). Here’s a link to the list:

1 Like

Hi, yes as Dan suggests paid support is a good option for you. Or using phpList.com, where the install is fully managed for you. Running phpList is an advanced task really :slight_smile:

How many mails are you sending? It might even be free or like $1 on phpList.com :wink: :slight_smile: