Deprecation warning for View in Browser plugin

Upon installing the new update 3.6.15 it refuses to update due to file error_log containing the following error:

PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property phpList\plugin\ViewBrowserPlugin\ContentCreator::$version is deprecated in /home/mysite/public_html/mylist/admin/plugins/ViewBrowserPlugin/ContentCreator.php on line 288

I do not know what the issue is, the plugin has not been updated since 2014 it seems.

Using PHP version 8.2.18

Line 288 contains: $this->version = $version;

How do we fix this error?

@Seahawk I don’t think that error message is caused by trying to upgrade phplist. That piece of code is run only when someone views a campaign in their browser, not when upgrading phplist. Check the date/time when that error was written to the error log file.

But you do have an old version of the plugin. Go to the Manage Plugins page where phplist should tell you that a new version of the plugin is available.

I have tried updating the plugin but it keeps on showing the same old version and that the new Version 2.12.0 is available.

When you select the Update this message displays:

Installing plugin

UpdaterPlugin.php updating existing plugin
UpdaterPlugin updating existing plugin
Plugin installed successfully

However, when you Continue and go back to the plugins it still shows that it is available:

version2.11.5+20220204 Update status Version 2.12.0 is available

@Seahawk Your example is updating the Updater plugin, not the View In Browser plugin.

Hello Duncan, upon installing the View In browser plugin this is the full message on the Page:

Fetching plugin

Developer: bramley

Project: phplist-plugin-viewbrowser

Installing plugin

UpdaterPlugin.php updating existing plugin
UpdaterPlugin updating existing plugin
Plugin installed successfully

After continue: Still show that the new version is available, it never updated:

Details NameView in Browser pluginDeveloperbramley
DescriptionView a campaign email in a browser.
version2.11.5+20220204 Update statusVersion 2.12.0 is available
Installed17 July 2022
installation Urlhttps://github.com/bramley/phplist-plugin-viewbrowser/archive/master.zip

More informationDocumentation PageConfigureView in browser Settings

It seems that the UpdaterPlugin (which is Disabled) shows the same information as the ViewBrowserPlugin except for the current version. No Idea why this would happen.

The UpdaterPlugin displays the following information:

NameUpdater PluginDeveloperbramley
DescriptionPage to update the phpList code
version1.2.1+20230822 Update statusVersion 2.12.0 is available
Installed28 April 2024
installation Urlhttps://github.com/bramley/phplist-plugin-viewbrowser/archive/master.zip
More informationDocumentation Page

@Seahawk I suggest removing both plugins, then re-installing each again. You should be able to remove them on the Manage Plugins page, but if not then do it manually - remove the file xxxPlugin.php and the directory xxxPlugin.