Customising the WYSIWYG Editor

Hi

I’m trying to add additional features in the WYSIWYG editor when writing a message and noticed in the settings page there is a field with the title: Second row of toolbar elements in the editor phplist in Composition Settings. I’m presuming this is a way to add features to the editor but having looked at the phplist manual I can’t find anything about how to do this.

In particular I’d like to have a function that allows me to set the colour of some selected text (as was possible in earlier versions of phplist) and also set the font size.

But aside from the 2 functions above, is there a list somewhere of all the functions that are available and can be added?

Any help with this would be most appreciated

Thanks

Phil

@phillegg You should use the CKEditor plugin instead of the fckeditor plugin. That has buttons for the text colour and background colour.

Personally, i prefer TinyMCE, you can add the plugin to phplist by entering this url:
https://github.com/bramley/phplist-plugin-tinymce/archive/master.zip

and you can also define the tools shown in the toolbar…

hi Duncan and Peter

Thanks for that. Both are interesting options.

You have seemingly everything in the CKEditor Duncan - great

The TinyMCE editor is nice too (and very neat) Peter. You mentioned you can define what tools show in the toolbar - Where can that be done?

All the best

Phil

This page explains how to customise the editor.

Once you install TinyMCE or CKEditor, you can go in the phplist Config->Settings page, then scroll down to the TinyMCE or CKEditor Settings section (almost at the end)…
You’ll find a ‘Custom Configuration field’, that’s what allows you to modify your editor

mine looks like this (i think it’s just the default settings):

toolbar: “insertfile undo redo | styleselect | bold italic | alignleft aligncenter alignright alignjustify | bullist numlist | fontselect | fontsizeselect | link image”,
plugins: [
“advlist autolink lists link image charmap print preview anchor”,
“searchreplace visualblocks code fullscreen”,
“insertdatetime media table contextmenu paste”
]

You can look at the documentation of your WYSIWYG editor to see what other modules and plugins are available…