When a subscriber joins the CONFIRMATION URL is incorrect. I have updated the settings and confirmed by browsing the database that confirmationurl is set to “http://ifcaquizzing.org/lists/?p=confirm”, however, when the subscribe email message arrives, the URL in the message is “http://ifcaquizzingorg.fatcow.com/lists/?p=confirm” which is not correct. Fatcow.com is where my site is hosted and ifcaquizzingorg.fatcow.com was the url I had to use before the domains transferred, so I probably entered this value somewhere, but I cannot find a way to change it. All of the other URLs like Preferences and Unsubscribe seem to work.
Does anyone have suggestions for how this can be fixed?
I think it is a case that you need to change the url you set in Configuration>Settings and look for the incorrect url in the first section, General Settings, Website address.
Thanks for the suggestion, but that is not it.
My general settings are:
Website address: www.ifcaquizzing.org
Domain Name: ifcaquizzing.org
And Subscription Settings:
URL where subscribers have to confirm their subscription:
I exported the entire db and searched for fatcow,com. It was listed in config_pagefooter and phplist_linktracker_forward but none of those seemed relevant (it was also in a bunch of history).
I deleted my subscription page and recreated it, but I still have the same error.
Is there a way to enter the URL directly in the welcome email without using the [CONFIRMATIONURL] variable?
Strange as I have just visited your site, signed up and received the confirmation email, though I won’t confirm it.
Without this confirmation, you will not receive any newsletters.
The link below needs to be changed before it will work.
Please change "ifcaquizzingorg.fatcow.com/lists/..." to
If you are having trouble confirming your subscription, please email John
If you notice, the confirmation url is correct.
Thanks for testing. You are correct. I just tested again from my main system and I still get the wrong URL, but if I test from one of my virtual machines, the URL is correct.
There must be some configuration on my main system that is causing this. I checked my hosts file and it is ok. Since it works for everyone else, I am not going to worry about it anymore.
Thanks for your help,