CKEditor tool bar is not showing up

Here is what I found.
the plugin directory in the config.php file:
define(“PLUGIN_ROOTDIR”,“plugins”);

$pageroot in config.php:
$pageroot = ‘/phplist’;

the “path to ckeditor” on the settings page: plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor

the actual file path that is shown with the 404 error on the console: In the Developers Tools, Network tab:
/home/mmjubile/plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor/ckeditor.js HTTP GET 404 text/html 202 B 0.53 s 858 437 94 0 0 3244

In the Developers Tools, Console tab I also see
SCRIPT5009: ‘CKEDITOR’ is undefined
File: admin, Line: 115, Column: 1

In the “Send a Campaign” page, “Content” tab- there are not warning or error messages.

Thanks for the update. The last item shows the problem. I guess that you might have mis-typed and missed-out some intermediate directories. but it still doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

/home/mmjubile/plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor/ckeditor.js

That is a file system path, not a web path.
The URL that should be requested, and which does return the js file, is
http://mmjubilee.com/phplist/admin/plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor/ckeditor.js

One further check is to view the html source of the page when on the phplist Compose tab .
Look for the <script> element that references ckeditor.js. it should be something like this

<script type="text/javascript" src="xxxxxxxx/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>

I would like to see the exact content of the src attribute.

One other thing to try is change the “path to ckeditor” on the Settings page to

/phplist/admin/plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor

That value should be equivalent to the current value.
I can’t suggest anything else to try. But I’m happy to take a look at your phplist installation if you are willing to share the access credentials. Send me a private message if you want to do that.

Hi, I changed the “path to ckeditor” to /phplist/admin/plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor. there were no errors or warnings on the phplist Compose tab.

When I looked at the source code for the Comopose tab/ “Content” page and I found this:

Since there were two "/", I changed the "Path to CKEditor" by removing the first "/" but it didn't work. In fact I received the following warning message: "CKEditor is not available because the ckeditor file "/home/mmjubile/public_html/phplist/admin/phplist/admin/plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor/ckeditor.js" does not exist. Check your setting for the path to ckeditor."

I noticed that phplist/admin had been duplicated in the path. So I reverted back to the last suggestion from you. No warning, but no ckeditor either.

I looked at the console after I changed it back with the “/” and I got another 404 error. Here is the Line that I received:
"/home/mmjubile//phplist/admin/plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor/ckeditor.js HTTP GET 404 text/html 202 B 453 ms 858 359 94 0 0 78"
It has “//” in it, which I think is wrong. Thanks for all the help. Let me know if you want more info.

@TerryRichison Did you leave something out?

I think that I see a pattern now. In your ealier reply about the 404 error the path was

/home/mmjubile/plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor/ckeditor.js

and the path in your previous reply was

/home/mmjubile//phplist/admin/plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor/ckeditor.js

In both cases the text “/home/mmjubile/” has been added to the front of the path that the plugin specfied. That text is the file system path to your home directory but I have no idea why or what is adding it.

Here is the code in the content page for the line you asked about.
""

you said it should look like this:

I think you have already seen it based on your last reply but just in case, I wanted to send it.

You are right on the home directory. What is missing is a folder after the mmjuible folder called public_html. I have tried to add it in so the path was complete but got more errors. Should that be more like http://mmjubilee.co/public_html/phplist/admin/plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor/ckeditor.js ?

I’m still not clear what you are trying to show for the src attribute. Are you saying that it is empty, something like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src=""></script>

To include actual html in a topic without it being interpreted as html you need to use the </> button on the toolbar.
But I don’t think that I can suggest anything else, unless you want to give me login access to your phplist (and possibly your cpanel).

I sent a private message to you yesterday after that reply. Did I do it wrong? I hit the little flag under the posts. If I should do something else, let me know.

Here is what I see in the source code of the content page. Hopefully you will get this. this time I hit the </> button. Last time I just put it in quotes.

Well that didn’t work so well. I will remove the <> from the beginning and end of the script.
script type=“text/javascript” src=
"/home/mmjubile//phplist/admin/plugins/CKEditorPlugin/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script

You need to click my name in order to send a personal message.

Hi, that is for spam reporting

A
x