Can't seem to link to an external CSS

Here is how I linked my external CSS in Settings—> subscription-ui settings

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1" />

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="./images/phplist-touch-icon.png" />
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="./images/phplist-touch-icon.png" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/subscribe.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/color.css" type="text/css" />
**<link rel="stylesheet" href="../CSS/PHPList/myStyles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />**
</head>

But when I view the source code on the Subscribe page, my style sheet is not listed.

Can someone let me know what I can do to make this work?

If it was me, I’d make it a lot simpler path, put your mystyles.css file in the phpList’s existing styles directory and link it with styles/mystyles.css url.

I’m pretty sure I read in the instructions that it should be linked to a location outside the PHPlist folder – such as in the site’s CSS folder (which is what I did). I believe they said to do that so it doesn’t get lost during upgrades.

…although I could bring it up a level (out of the PHPlist folder inside of CSS) – if that would matter. I’m inclined to think it won’t help.

The fields on the Settings page are default values for when you create a subscribe page. Changes here will take effect the next time you create a subscribe page (but are also used when a subscribe page has not yet been created).

You need to edit the subscribe page and modify the fields there.

1 Like

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you!