Can the Reply-To address be assigned?

Hi All,

I’ve searched how to set the Reply-To when sending and found only ‘why would you want to do that’ type answers.

Because: We have a club with a members list where we send newsletters, no issues there. But we also send email to the members list where we need to direct the replies back to a responsible party, which can vary. This is a valid mail-sending scenario and “Reply-To:” header is commonly used by mail sending agents, and we accept the potential problems with the use of a Reply-To address. Also, being a club, these are personal email addresses and we cannot force folks to check an account in the “From:” domain for replies.

In case I overlooked the feature, is phpList geared toward no-reply/newsletter type mail only or is this something that may be taken up? If phpList does not support the feature, does anyone have suggestions? I know mailman works but was hoping to use phpList as it has some nice features.

Steve

1 Like

Hello.
I answer here because I had the same question and after consulting some posts, I went back to the file/lists/config/config_extended.php and I found the USE_REPLY_TO option that you just need to activate (write “true”) - in the config.php file - to have a Reply to field when preparing a campaign.

1 Like

It wasn’t contained in my config_extended.php file, but putting this in the config.php worked as you say.
Thanks.

define('USE_REPLY_TO',1);