Bcc every email to gmail, for perfect tracking of all communication

Hi,

I love Gmail, I have to admit.
There are currently > 15 GB worth of emails in my Gmail account and the search power to find an email in the blink of an eye is fantastic. Often, when I receive an email, from a customer for instance, I copy/paste the email address in the search field and I immediately see all past communication.

Second to Gmail, I love phplist :smile:
So I was thinking it would be great to marry the two and let them have babies.

All kidding aside. I’m playing with the idea of having every email, I send out with phplist, bcc’ed to my gmail address.
So that when I look up a customer (for instance) I can also immediately see which (promotion?) emails were sent to that person, and easily copy paste from that (for instance) to serve an answer fast.
But basically I love to keep track via Gmail. Also, because I can be on the road, using my cell phone, to see what was sent before etc.

The questions:

1. Can I easily specify a bcc address in the campaigns ? I did not see it ?
    Or should I create / install a plugin for that ? If so, some advice on what function to overload would be great.

2. Any sensible advice you might have is appreciated.
    I’m especially worried that Gmail itself in fact may see me as a spammer. Since at times it would receive large amounts of bcc’ed emails. And if that labels me as a spammer, all my contacts with gmail address would not receive my phplist-sent emails anymore.

Thanks all

Simply add your gmail address to your phplist list of subscribers. Only you will see it.

Simply add your gmail address to your phplist list of subscribers. Only you will see it.

I’m not sure that I understand you correctly ?
Or perhaps I didn’t explain properly ?

I mean bcc’ed on every email sent to every person.
So that when I look up a person in gmail I can see which campaign emails were sent to that person, with the customized content for that person (customized links etc)

I am not aware of a way to bcc yourself on every email.
I wouldn’t suggest doing this (to your gmail account) in any event. Gmail will most likely complain.
The database in phpList gets pretty big, depending on how many emails you send out, my database has at times gotten as big as a couple 100 Gb… Do you really want all of that in Gmail?

depending on how many emails you send out

Fair point.
I did some calculations and sending 100K emails could grow the gmail database with 1-2 GB per campaign. Obviously depending on the size of the email.