The last few times I tried using the automatic updater I had issues and had to manually run the update.
This time I had another issue with this warning during the update process:
- Backing up the plugins
- Could not delete /home/mysite/public_html/pm/public_html/lists/updater/…/base/vendor/bin
At this point it appeared that the updater stalled, and I had no option to continue. I tried f5 refresh, and then saw a success message.
I then went to the dashboard and saw the option to update my database, which I did successfully.
In the end I was able to update using the auto updater this time, however, many people might get stumped by the apparent bug I encountered that stalled the updater.