Automatic sending of Emails

I have installed PHPLIST in a shared hosting. I’m using version 3.4.0, but I can not get emails sent automatically in the time I want.
A Script with phplist name was made like this:
#! / bin / bash
/ usr / bin / php
/home/palomoxyz/public_html/list/admin/index.php -c
/home/palomoxyz/public_html/list/config/config.php $ *

Permissions were given to phplist file 755

I have placed it in the “bin” directory of the root of the home

I have created these Crons, but none works. Just send the emails at 6:00 AM, not like I want it to be at the time I want.
phplist -p processqueue
0/5 * * * * phplist -p processqueue> / dev / null 2> & 1
0 3 * * * phplist -p processbounces> / dev / null 2> & 1

I also tried with:
/ home / palomoxyz / bin / phplist -p processqueue
/ phplist -p processqueue

In the config file it has been set to 0
define (“MANUALLY_PROCESS_BOUNCES”, 0);
define (“MANUALLY_PROCESS_QUEUE”, 0);

Someone could help me to know what I’m failing. I want the emails to be sent at the scheduled time and not just at 6:00 AM

If you cannot get cron working as desired with your hosting company, then you may consider the free queue processing service from phpList.com, documented here: https://www.phplist.org/manual/ch035_methods-of-sending-browser-cron-command-line.xhtml

Thanks Samtuke. But I want 250 emails to be sent every 2 hours. In fact my shared hosting allows 350 per hour. But I do not know that Cron is wrong that does not work. In the server company they tell me that it is not a problem of the server, but of some Cron that is wrong, but I do not know which one.

You can create another cron script to do something simpler to test if it is being executed at the correct time.

I’m going to try, thanks.
Samtuke I see that the command phplist -p processqueue is written sometimes phplist -p processqueue and other times phplist -pprocessqueue there is some difference. I’m not an expert on this.

I was able to solve the convenient Cron configuration.
With these Cron I managed to make it work.
/bin/sh /home/palomoxyz/bin/phplist.sh -pprocessqueue
/bin/sh /home/palomoxzy/bin/phplist.sh -pprocessqueue> / dev / null 2> & 1
/bin/sh /home/palomoxyz/bin/phplist.sh -pprocessbounces> / dev / null 2> & 1
Thank you Samtuke for the interest you showed in wanting to help me.

1 Like

Great to hear you resolved the issue.

Where did you see this wrongly written command documented? We should fix it so that others are not confused by it in future.