Amazon SES - send to invalid address keeps phplist retrying

Hello,
I’m using amazon ses plugin to send campaigns and it appears to be working: recipients are receiving mails.
But If I try to send to an invalid address phplist keeps trying to send continuously and continuously mails me back with the failed message.
Furthermore, if I try to simulate a bounce with amazon ses, I don’t receive any mail back.
What should I check?

Thank you,
Alex

Are you using the Amazon SES API and not the SMTP server? If so please explain what you mean by this.

Bounces should be sent to the $message_envelope field in config.php, I think that needs to be a verified identity in your Amazon SES account.

Hi, and thank you for your answer.

I’m trying to give you some useful informations:

• I’m using Amazon SES through this plugin and it’s working when sending to valid email addresses.

• I’m sending a message to a invalid address to test bounces

• The sender of the message is a business gmail account managed by our organization (university)
    and under shibboleth SSO.

• I’ve also set up and verified in SES the $message_envelope to my personal gmail address (that isn’t the FROM address set up in phplist campaign and it’s not under SSO).
    These are the relevant field in config.php:
    $message_envelope = ‘my gmail address’;
    $bounce_protocol = ‘pop’;
    define(‘MANUALLY_PROCESS_BOUNCES’, 1);
    $bounce_mailbox_host = ‘pop.gmail.com’;
    $bounce_mailbox_user = ‘my gmail address’;
    $bounce_mailbox_password = ‘my gmail password’;
    $bounce_mailbox_port = “995/pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert”;

• After the message is sent, if I go to to the Bounces section, i have the following message: “Can not authenticate to POP3 server: [AUTH] Application-specific password required: Google Help

• I’ve also configured a folder for bounces $bounce_mailbox = ‘/var/spool/mail/listbounces’ but I cannot find anything inside

• After trying many times to send to invalid address, I don’t have any rejects/bounces/complaints in my Ses dashboard

Alex

As indicated, gmail now requires you to use an app-specific password, not the google account password.

This is not relevant, it applies when you are getting bounces from a local mbox file.

This is not relevant, it applies when you are getting bounces from a local mbox file.

This solution seems more easy for me; how can I set up to fetch messages from mbox local file?
Should I need to create just that folder (with proper permissions) or config something server-side?

Thank you!
Alex