Amazon SES Plugin , not able to send email

Hello, i just installed my phplist and look working great than i did try enabled Amazon SES Plugin, but of course something went wrong.
In Aws i verified email and domain but is still with limititation of 200 mail/day to just verified emails ( i alredy send the request for upgrade )
i did create new IAM user with SES adn even new SMTP user
in phplisti config i used both credentials and even changed the endpoint to my.
but look something is not good since mail is not sending…
what can be wrong? where i can see some log error for check wehre is the error?
thanks

@evosoftware have you looked at the plugin’s documentation https://resources.phplist.com/plugin/amazonses

hello, yes …well i did forgot about $tmpdir so now i did found the log :slight_smile: but is not helping me much

* Done waiting for 100-continue
* Connection #13 to host email-smtp.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com left intact
* Hostname was found in DNS cache
*   Trying 54.154.116.213...
* Connected to email-smtp.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com (54.154.116.213) port 443 (#14)
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
*   CAfile: none
  CApath: /etc/ssl/certs
* SSL connection using ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
* Server certificate:
*        subject: C=US; ST=Washington; L=Seattle; O=Amazon.com, Inc.; CN=email-smtp.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com
*        start date: 2017-04-28 00:00:00 GMT
*        expire date: 2018-05-26 23:59:59 GMT
*        subjectAltName: email-smtp.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com matched
*        issuer: C=US; O=Symantec Corporation; OU=Symantec Trust Network; CN=Symantec Class 3 Secure Server CA - G4
*        SSL certificate verify ok.
> POST / HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: phpList (phpList version 3.3.1, http://www.phplist.com/)
Accept: */*
Host: email-smtp.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 18:07:38 +0100
X-Amzn-Authorization: AWS3-HTTPS AWSAccessKeyId=MYID,Algorithm=HMACSHA256,Signature=MY KEY
Content-Length: 12383
Expect: 100-continue

* Done waiting for 100-continue
* Connection #14 to host email-smtp.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com left intact

and here is what i see from event long inside phplist

MailSender http code: 0, result: 220 email-smtp.amazonaws.com ESMTP SimpleEmailService-2638500019 SOMEKEYWHICHIREMOVED 500 Error: command not implemented 500 Error: command not implemented 500 Error: command not implemented 500 Error: command not implemented 500 Error: command not implemented 500 Error: command not implemented 500 Error: command not implemented 500 Error: command not implemented 500 Error: command not implemented 500 Error: bad syntax 501 Input line length is too long! , curl error:

You appear to have used the SMTP endpoint. It needs to be the API endpoint

2 Likes

oo what silly i am i did not know there was more then 1 endpoint … thankyou !!

Have you requested to get out of the SES Sandbox ?

yes :slight_smile: but this after test complete, it was jsut my endpoint wrong ,it was set to smtp inestead api.
in my case i have a rate limit of 14 email per second
should i configure something or api alredy see hte limiti ?

hello duncan, sorry can u tell me if rate limit is automanaged or i should set in config.php ?

@evosoftware The plugin does not handle the sending rate, that is done by phplist as for any other way of sending emails. So you should set the throttle or batch size etc to meet any limit set by Amazon.