Am not able to sent mail though phpList

I have installed phpList 3.0, am not able to sent mail though phpList , i have added my mail server host and user name and passwd here
/var/www/html/lists/config/config.php
define(‘PHPMAILERHOST’, ‘mail01.domain.com’);
$phpmailer_smtpuser = ‘usert@domain.com’;
$phpmailer_smtppassword = ‘passwd’;

but not senting , also i need to enable tls and post , how it is possible .

Regards,
Shufil

can you please repl\y any one please…

If your host has some kind of a CPANEL access, I’d suggest that you look at the mailbox that you have setup for your bounces, and look up the configuration details.

It’s easier if you use a program like Thunderbird to figure out the connection details for sending and receiving mail (ports, logins, encryption, etc). Then you can try to match those settings in the config.php file.

Just guessing in the config.php file is frustrating, if not also fruitless.

Thanks for reply ,

Am using the same configuration as in Thunderbird . can you please give me a sample configaration file that is need to set smtp host post with enable tls , user name and password , in defult configaration i have set host name and user name password.

Regards,
Shufil

can i get a sample config file ,so can add eassly host , enable TSL, port , and user name ,password .

Any one please reply , i need to add SMTP authentication in PHPlist , can you pleasee give me a config sample file or can you please give code as well .

@shufil You can see the necessary settings in config_extended.php, look for

PHPMAILER_SECURE

Then copy those lines to your config.php file and enter the correct values.

Thanks for reply , i got it the sample file .

setting i have made some changed , but still not senting mail .
define(‘PHPMAILERHOST’, ‘mail.mailserver.com:25’);
$phpmailer_smtpuser = ‘support@domainname.com’;
$phpmailer_smtppassword = ‘password’;

application its self trying to reach mail server, and after that its going to disconnect .please check below mail server log , user name and password correct only , also i can sent from Thunderbird and custom mail script .

connect from unknown[senterip]
lost connection after CONNECT from unknown[senter ip]
disconnect from unknown[senter ip]

@shufil Sorry but you are not being very clear. You said that you need to use TLS, but you are trying to connect on port 25.

Please follow the examples in config_extended.php file and copy those to your config.php file.

Thanks duncanc ,

i have changed to 587 , please check current conf ,

define(‘PHPMAILERHOST’, ‘mail.domain.com’);
define(‘PHPMAILER_SMTP_DEBUG’, 0);
define(“PHPMAILER_SECURE”,‘tls’);
define(‘PHPMAILERBLASTPORT’,587);
$phpmailer_smtpuser = ‘support@domain.com’;
$phpmailer_smtppassword = ‘password’;

Again mail not senting from Phplist, same configuration from Thunderbird and custom code its working, anything else we need to add inside Phplist.