All done...Unable get lock for processing

When I tried to send a campaign this morning, the status displayed “All done” almost immediately without sending anything. The button label said “Resume processing”.

AllDone

If I click “Resume processing”, it processes for a few minutes, then displays a status of “Unable get lock for processing”.

GetLock

I haven’t updated anything since my last campaign. I am not exceeding my host’s send limits; I have throttling set to 20 emails every 6 minutes. I verified that the selected list has members (405 as of this morning).

I tried deleting old entries from the sendprocess table and changing the alive value from 1 to 0, but I keep getting the “Unable get lock for processing” error. If I stop the campaign, clear the sendprocess table, and re-queue the campaign, the process starts over with the “All done” status.

Any ideas what else might be the problem?

And then all of a sudden…it starts working again. I have no idea why.

And then it’s back again! Argh!! lol! Is this a problem with my host’s server?

GetLock2

@koerper70 Possibly the send process is failing and not “cleaning-up” properly. Can you look for any php errors being reported anywhere, sometimes there is an error log file in the /lists/admin directory.

It might help to enable php error reporting. In file admin/init.php change 0 to 1 on this line

error_reporting(0);

I have error_reporting enabled in init.php, but I don’t see anything that looks like an error log under the admin directory. I also have (had, because I just disabled it again) VERBOSE mode enabled, but I don’t see anything that looks relevant in the event log. No errors of any kind that I can see.

Just as an update: I paused the campaign and then requeued it, and it completed without further problems.

phplist disables error reporting early on, but the change that I suggested will enable it again.

1 Like

If you mean changing error_reporting(0) to 1, that’s what I had already done. Between that and the VERBOSE logging option, I have lots of stuff in the event log, but no errors and I still don’t see anything that looks like an error log in the admin directory. Is there somewhere else I should look or a specific file name?