I would like to use the Wordpress Sign Me Up plugin so new subscribers can join the mailing list. It isn’t working and I am at a loss to see where it is failing. This is what I see:
- The new subscriber types in their email address into the input box and presses Subscribe.
- The Input box and the Subscribe button both disappear.
This is the expected action, except a success or failure message should appear below. The code is sending http://mydomain.co.uk/phplist/index.php?p=asubscribe&id=1 to phpList via Ajax
If I amend the code to replace p=asubscribe with p=invalid I do get an error message Unfortunately a network error occurred. etc.
when I look at what has happened in phpList I see
- The email address is in the list of subscribers, but
- It is unconfirmed
- It is not subscribed to any list
- No email request for confirmation has been sent out.
It seems to me that it is partially executing the code but then giving up, but where that is happening I do not know.
This was working on a test site which I moved using the Wordpress Duplicator plugin but I have scanned both code and database for references to the test domain name and drawn a blank. I suspect the issue is in that transfer. Does anybody with a better knowledge of the code have any idea what could cause this (absence of) behaviour?