back to phpList.org

Admin can not Process Campaign v3.3.6

Hello,
I have myself as a Super User and one Admin that I have allowed in Permissions to “Send campaigns”.

But, while the Admin can create Campaigns, Place Campaign in Queue for Sending, as well as assign to a list, they are not given the option to “Process the Queue”.

I’ve searched for similar posts but do not see anything to help. Additionally, the Table phplist_admin.privileges does not seem to have a reference to sending campaigns when compared to the original Admin account that does allow such.

a:4:{s:11:“subscribers”;b:1;s:9:“campaigns”;b:1;s:10:“statistics”;b:0;s:8:“settings”;b:0;}

Are only Super Users allowed to process/Send Campaigns?

I don’t think Admins have permission to process the queue (only Super Admins). But you can set up a Cron Job so when the admin submits the campaign it can be processed.

Thanks for the reply…
On a windows server so Cron jobs are not available to my knowledge. Granted I can create Automated Events that are similar, but would need to know what to trigger.

You can use Scheduled Tasks in Windows Server.

But a super simple solution is to use the Remote Queue with PhpList or Cron-job.org

Check this

This is an interesting observation about the inability of subadmins to process the queue. Perhaps a notification should be displayed to warn superadmins that they will need to handle queue processing on behalf of subadmins?

I wonder why the logic of not allowing Admins to Process Queues?

Maybe it’s a simple matter of changing a few conditional lines of code?

Giving subadmins the ability to do that would give them control over a system-level, if not server-level process. That seems like a bad idea - one subadmins probably should be allowed to infllfluence the sending of all other admins in that way.

FYI remote queue processing should now be working again (it was not for the last few weeks).