A Release Candidate for the upcoming phpList 3.6.1 is now available for testing. This release includes security enhancements and fixes.
Changes to look for
- Log event for fetching URL success only when verbose is now enabled. The function fetchUrl() adds to the event log in several places. In all but one case that is when VERBOSE is enabled. Thanks to @duncanc or the implementation. Have a look at the Pull Request.
- Remove leading HTTPS as well as HTTP when shortening a URL. Previously, when a URL was shortened for display, such as to show link clicks, a leading “http://” was removed but not a leading “https://”. Thank @duncanc for the implementation. Have a look at the Pull Request.
- Small fixes have been added to ensure the application works fine with PHP 8.
- Documentation for UNSUBSCRIBE_JUMPOFF has been updated to be optimum.
- Change results display to information so that the content stays on the page. See Pull Request.
Use the Automatic Updater if you are running phpList 3.3.7 or later.
Use your phpList as normal, and report any new problems that you find.
Activating the REST API
If you haven’t checked the REST API yet, you can see the dedicated chapter in the manual to help you get started with it: API and Integrations.
Report any issues you find with phpList3 to the phpList Bugtracker, selecting “3.6.1-RC1” as the Product Version.
Use the usual bug fixing process if you know how to fix it.
Please read the contribution guide on how to contribute and how to run the unit tests and style checks locally.