A Release Candidate for upcoming phpList 3.5.3 is now available for testing.
This release includes new features, usability improvements and fixes, with the most important one being the Matomo Integration – thanks to @duncanc
Matomo is now added as an alternative to Google Analytics. You can choose between Matomo or Google Analytics in the Settings page.
Similarly to the current GA parameters, when selected, each URL will have four additional query parameters that will be displayed and can be edited on the Finish tab when composing a campaign. You can see more details on the pull request.
Other changes to look for
- New configuration setting to allow customizing the format of a displayed DATE – see the pull request, and additional information added via the “Help” option – thanks to @duncanc
- Consistent formatting of ‘date’ and ‘datetime’ fields applied on Send, Admin and Plugins pages – thanks to @duncanc see the pull request
- [Security Fix]: Implement an XSS filter in /lists/admin/template.php file to avoid privilege elevation.
- Removed unnecessary function calls for page category and subcategory, avoiding repeated calls of some functions and reducing loading time for the homepage – thanks to @duncanc , see the pull request
- Upgrade to from PHPMailer 6.1.1 to PHPMailer 6.1.5 – thanks to @duncanc see the pull request(https://github.com/phpList/phplist3/pull/641)
If you have experienced issues with previous installations please install this update and see if those issues are resolved.
Download the Release Candidate here (see also ‘Upgrading’).
Upgrade from releases older than phpList 3.3.7-RC1 following the usual upgrade process
Use the Automatic Updater if you are running phpList 3.3.7 or later.
Use your phpList as normal, and report any new problems that you find.
Activating the REST API
If you haven’t checked the REST API yet, you can see the dedicated chapter in the manual to help you get started with it: API and Integrations
Report any issues you find with phpList3 to the phpList Bugtracker, selecting “3.5.3-RC1” as the Product Version.
Use the usual bug fixing process if you know how to fix it.
Please read the contribution guide on how to contribute and how to run the unit tests and style checks locally.